• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When does Wellman's existing contract run?

It wouldn't be surprising if it's a year to year contract or if he doesn't have a contract at all.

His position with the Selection Committee makes firing him very difficult at this time.

His position with the Selection Committee makes firing him very difficult at this time.

wouldn't firing him make his position with the selection committee irrelevant? not that we'll be on their radar anytime soon maintaining our current course

wouldn't firing him make his position with the selection committee irrelevant? not that we'll be on their radar anytime soon maintaining our current course

It would make us look bad to those who don't know much about what's happening here. I'd guess that's about 98% of those who will hear about it.

I don't think Hatch would lose any sleep firing Wellman later and putting one of his guys in the position.

It would make us look bad to those who don't know much about what's happening here. I'd guess that's about 98% of those who will hear about it.

I don't think Hatch would lose any sleep firing Wellman later and putting one of his guys in the position.

This assumes Hatch has a scrotum. Which is debatable.

The Wellman selection committee thing is so played out. There is only one team our president and AD should worry about making the tournament and that is us. Obviously Wellman isn't going to be able to talk us into the tournament so what is the point. If we are wiling to trash our program another few years so Wellman can pull weight and get a .500 FSU bubble team in then what the fuck.

Wellman has to leave the room whenever WFU comes up for discussion (not that we've been discussed in 3 years) so committee thing is bullshit.

The last chair was retired as chair then took another job after he was done.

That is very true but maybe he will announce his retirement at the end of next June. That would make a lot of people very happy and he can go out without being fired and having the BOT have to step in. Saving face is what Ron Wellman might have to be about in his final days at dear old Wake Forest.

True. What's the worst that could happen?

Back