• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

I really don't see how "Wake Forest" can be trademarked, but like I said earlier (and as everybody knows) I'm no lawyer. The nickname might be and various aspects of the university might be, but people publish articles all the time with the name "Wake Forest" in it. BloggerSoDear publishes articles with "Wake Forest", "Deacs", "Demon Deacons", etc. in it and that's never an issue. I'm sure there is some difference (namely the negative attention that this would be giving to the university, thus breeding a potential malice claim or something) but I can't possibly believe that "Wake Forest" would be an issue. At all.

Writing articles about activities related to a university and running an advertisement with trademarked names and logos are worlds apart.

Can you imagine if Ron Wellman and the University sued people for using "Wake Forest" in this ad? Keep in mind that most of the people donating likely attended school there and/or donate money to the DC or school in some regards.

i'm down.

Don't want to rain on the parade, just keep everyone out of legal trouble. A quick google search of 'university name used in advertising' brings up pages of university policies. Many referring for permission to use the name.

I'm not a lawyer so unless you get a good legal ruling I'd stay away from Wake Forest or any of the trademarks (obviously).

Put my name as sponsor then since everyone here knows it. Well man can fight with my lawyers as much as he wants.

Writing articles about activities related to a university and running an advertisement with trademarked names and logos are worlds apart.

I'm sure they are, but neither is selling anything and both are simply being used in a descriptive manner. In no way is the ad being used to make profits or sell products. I don't see how they're that different in this case.

Can you imagine if Ron Wellman and the University sued people for using "Wake Forest" in this ad? Keep in mind that most of the people donating likely attended school there and/or donate money to the DC or school in some regards.

It would be an absolute PR disaster. I don't see it happening either.

Seriously, using "WFU" or "Wake Forest" in a generic font not TM'd by the school is fine.

Put my name as sponsor then since everyone here knows it. Well man can fight with my lawyers as much as he wants.

Didn't you put your name and hometown out there when you called into [Redacted]'s show? Then trumpeted that said caller was you, basically telling us your name and hometown?

Just, what the fuck, dude? What the fuck?

Didn't you put your name and hometown out there when you called into [Redacted]'s show? Then trumpeted that said caller was you, basically telling us your name and hometown?

Just, what the fuck, dude? What the fuck?
Not my last name or hometown or LinkedIn or address. You're one of the most prolific posters here and I'm not even sure your name. I think I know but would never ever think of posting your last name. Lol if you think I trumpeted myself. I actually felt bad bout it since [Redacted] proved so inept. It was like kicking a stray dog.

Last edited:
Not my last name or hometown or LinkedIn or address. You're one of the most prolific posters here and I'm not even sure your name. I think I know but would never ever think of posting your last name. Lol if you think I trumpeted myself. I actually felt bad bout it since [Redacted] proved so inept. It was like kicking a stray dog.

Dude, you were eating it up that night.

But agree that if somebody posted your address that is way too far. Your LinkedIn tho? Who cares? Might as well get upset that your inactive MySpace account from 2004 got out there.

Dude, you were eating it up that night.

But agree that if somebody posted your address that is way too far. Your LinkedIn tho? Who cares? Might as well get upset that your inactive MySpace account from 2004 got out there.

Eating it up? Haha. Dude I legitimately felt bad and was really hoping that I didn't cross a line. I hate [Redacted] but as soon as I called I had a feeling it would blow up. That said at least I had the nuts to do it and Eamonn et al gave me props for what I said and how I said it.

It would be an absolute PR disaster. I don't see it happening either.

940x.jpg

Caturday needing validation. Nothing new.

Everyone's secure yourself included. The difference between us is is say everything I say in person and I promise you wouldn't do the same. Not because I'd kick your ass hell I'm barely ambulatory but I'm pretty sure that you'd actually like me.

I've spent 2 hours of my life camouflaging "RJ Sucks" into a tie-dye background.

:beer:

Eating it up? Haha. Dude I legitimately felt bad and was really hoping that I didn't cross a line. I hate [Redacted] but as soon as I called I had a feeling it would blow up. That said at least I had the nuts to do it and Eamonn et al gave me props for what I said and how I said it.

Case in point.

And I'm not even saying that you were wrong to feel good that night. You did well against [Redacted]. But don't pretend like you weren't hamming it up a bit on these boards then. Come on, dude.

Back