• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

So you're busting my balls and you give 20$

I bust your balls because you're an asshole. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm in graduate school in New York and I currently make about $1000/month working 20 hours/week, while going to school full time, and my student loans cover the rest. About 2/3 of my "income" goes into rent, utilities, and health insurance, and the other third into food. I give what I can, but I really don't have that much to give.

I'm not complaining and I'm also not busting people's chops when they can't or won't give.

I bust your balls because you're an asshole. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm in graduate school in New York and I currently make about $1000/month working 20 hours/week, while going to school full time, and my student loans cover the rest. About 2/3 of my "income" goes into rent, utilities, and health insurance, and the other third into food. I give what I can, but I really don't have that much to give.

I'm not complaining and I'm also not busting people's chops when they can't or won't give.
Well ill throw another 100$ in. Just pay it forward. Being an asshole is why I can afford to give. There's no nobility in poverty.

So we are up to $660 in donations + $300 from an outside donor = $960.

We still probably need to be in the $2,000 to $2,500 range to run all four days. I will put some pressure on the N and O today to get the cost as low as possible. Hope to have some answers back this afternoon.

Last edited:
Just donated - we should be very close to $1,000 now.
Have we decided if we get enough for 2 days, which 2 days to pick?

I think it has to be Thursday/Friday...

So we are shooting for front page of the sports section right?

Not shooting for.... it's already done. Will be a 2 x 10 banner on the bottom of the front page. Getting excited about this.

Just donated - we should be very close to $1,000 now.
Have we decided if we get enough for 2 days, which 2 days to pick?

I think it has to be Thursday/Friday...

Definitely running Thursday. Waiting to hear about the other days.

Definitely running Thursday. Waiting to hear about the other days.

Still need to add my $.02 cents about this - Friday is infinitely more attractive of a day than Thursday. First off, the majority of the games on Thursday are from out-of-state, and if memory serves me correctly, the place is still half empty on Thursday. I guess you can say the press will be there, but not as much as on Friday - when all three NC schools will be playing at the 2pm, 7pm, and 9pm time slots.

In addition, if we run only on Thursday and Wake wins (which usually happens when we do stuff like this), it looks terrible.

Leno was referring to a much bigger story than online sports articles only a small segment of the population reads. Throw a big obnoxious billboard out there and you've got a story that will be run everywhere.

Like the fire Thorpe billboard the tar holes actually ran?

Hopefully enough money will be donated and the N&O will work with us to make this a moot point.

Thursday and Friday are the important days to have this run. By Saturday and Sunday the shock value wears off and people are more focused on the games, especially if Duke, UNC and State are all alive

Thursday and Friday are the important days to have this run. By Saturday and Sunday the shock value wears off and people are more focused on the games, especially if Duke, UNC and State are all alive

Agreed

So you're busting my balls and you give 20$

Mark 12:41-44
New International Version (NIV)
The Widow’s Offering

41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

Back