• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

vtwhat has to be involved in the design - I don't think there's anyone that thinks otherwise

I made my comment after seeing his post below. That led me to scale back my donation some.

Don't feel like wasting my time on this stuff today if this is going to run in the wrong direction.

Stratt- the rough draft looks plain awful. Also, I think what you (one of your financiers) have planned for today is a bad idea.

VT needs to be involved in the design. And if you guys have something planned that utilizes the money we've donated, I think we'd like to know.

Don't feel like wasting my time on this stuff today if this is going to run in the wrong direction.

Stratt- the rough draft looks plain awful. Also, I think what you (one of your financiers) have planned for today is a bad idea.

Great - glad everyone opened their wallets today... what the fuck does this mean?

Edit: Reimburse me the money if this is going to be some shitty advertisement or "other plan"...

Confused as to what is going on. Stratt says vt will be involved, vt says he wants to be involved. What is the problem here?

Great - glad everyone opened their wallets today... what the fuck does this mean?

Edit: Reimburse me the money if this is going to be some shitty advertisement or "other plan"...

This can't be that hard. "Wake Forest Deserves Better - #BuzzOut - Firebz.com" Maybe throw in the OGB logo like PH suggested. Done

In for 50. Yall doin the lord's work.

ETA: Someone ought to tweet link to this thread to Darren Rovell or similar who gave the OGB ad some love, asking for a retweet. Stat. I'd do it, but I screw up links in the Twittersphere.

Last edited:
This isn't hard.

1. The tagline was figured out yesterday. "Wake Forest Deserves Better. #BuzzOut FireBz.com"

2. Let the guy with the track record of designing ads do the layout.

3. Buy as many days as the money allows.

4. Profit.

I think Thursday is the best day, it will be out while we are playing, I'm sure the announcers will be looking for ANYTHING to talk about, including the future of the program.

"Annnnnd Maryland has increased their lead to 30, where do you think Wake goes from here, after back to back to back AWFUL seasons under awful leadership?...Well, that's a good point, i just happened to pick up the paper on the way in, and read this ad in the sports page....seems like the fans want him gone...lots of pressure on Wellman. I also heard Wellman's wife was getting bent over the front of a truck last night...really odd, no description, but the truck had Eagles stickers on the back of it....anyway, back to the game where MD has increased their lead to 35"

I'm really tempted to include this in some form or fashion:

"We can put up with a disappointment. We have disappointments all the time. But there is a pattern here that needed to be addressed, a 3-year pattern that needed to be addressed."
-Ron Wellman, April 7th, 2010

Yes. That is perfect. Wellman, Bzz, etc cannot be outraged at a simple quote by wellman himself. It might be too much, but would Dinos record right before the quote, and then Bzeliks Record, and ACC record directly after the quote with the current date and a question mark or ''...'' idk I trust you all, I just want this to hit home and be extremely effective..

Love this direction if space allows. Hope ads will run Thurs-Sat.

Do you think it might be more powerful to say something like "this ad has been paid for by 20,50.100 (whatever number) Wake Fans and Alumni?

Using 'Wake Forest' is out.

Alright thanks for the transparency and being up front with everyone - considering a lot of people have donated, can you be a little bit more specific in that regard?

If not, can I get my money back? I appreciate the effort guys but this seems a little too thrown together at the last second and not thought out... just being told now we can't even use Wake Forest, VT saying the advertisement looks terrible, and hinting at something else that is being done today...

I think Thursday is the best day, it will be out while we are playing, I'm sure the announcers will be looking for ANYTHING to talk about, including the future of the program.

"Annnnnd Maryland has increased their lead to 30, where do you think Wake goes from here, after back to back to back AWFUL seasons under awful leadership?...Well, that's a good point, i just happened to pick up the paper on the way in, and read this ad in the sports page....seems like the fans want him gone...lots of pressure on Wellman. I also heard Wellman's wife was getting bent over the front of a truck last night...really odd, no description, but the truck had Eagles stickers on the back of it....anyway, back to the game where MD has increased their lead to 35"

tumblr_mjaoclyppC1rstax2o1_500.jpg

Alright thanks for the transparency and being up front with everyone - considering a lot of people have donated, can you be a little bit more specific in that regard?

If not, can I get my money back? I appreciate the effort guys but this seems a little too thrown together at the last second and not thought out... just being told now we can't even use Wake Forest, VT saying the advertisement looks terrible, and hinting at something else that is being done today...

I posted last night that the Strattons needed to speak with the N&R people about the trademark stuff, they did, and using 'wake forest' is out.

Back