• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

Yeah, maybe just start with his conference road record.

Might stretch it to the 6 year stat if we're not using Wake or any abbreviation of it anyway.

That would also serve to alleviate some of the blame placed on WF players specifically which is certainly a positive.

And the problem with running the 1-7 stat is that it gives Bz a chance to prove you wrong by winning a game in the tournament. IF we happen to beat a bad Maryland team then people who are on the fence might think that we are improving. He can't improve 1-24 or 11-39. Those stats are complete. We don't need an angle of deflection.

I agree with sticking with Wake stats:

Thursday: Jeff [Redacted]'s Conference Record: 11 - 39 (.220)
Friday: Jeff [Redacted]'s Conference Road Record: 1 - 24 (.040)
Saturday: Jeff [Redacted]'s Conference Tournament Record: 1 - 8 (.111)
Sunday: ?

How has Bz had 8 ACC tournament losses in 3 years?

Would this really be legible in a newspaper?

Seems too busy.

100% definitely needs to be short and sweet...to the point.

Including firebz.com will give all that info

It should be about 2 inches high on your computer screen.

I'm not as good as VT, but you could do something like this that doesn't mention Wake, the NCAA, or the ACC, and still gets the point across.

bz_zps67435ba0.jpg

too busy

yeah i kinda agree with this, but i would add firebz.com and/or #BuzzOUT

We need to add those to keep the social media trend going.

I'm fine with keeping the message simple and concise, though. However, I would personally include a gaudy statistic or two just to show his true level of ineptness.

The conference road record is the stat that seems to catch the eyes of non-Wake people the best. There's some shock value there it's so bad.

Yep. Also, if the ad is going to look similar to the previous one, it'll be pretty obvious the same one person is behind it - even though many are supportive. I'd use the blank area to the right of #BuzzOut to have a fine-print note that the add was paid for by 125 (or whatever) die hard fans or something along those lines to make it clear it's not just 1 or 2 lunatic fringe folks posting these.

Looks great otherwise.

Use "Wake" in the ad and stick to stats from wake forest. The first day should be something like "wake deserves better. Fire Jeff [Redacted]" with the firebz website and the #buzzout. This is simple and everyone will get it. Run three different stats the next three days. Once the Thursday one is there and clear "fire Jeff [Redacted]" from wake fans, people will check back the next day to see what's there. There needs to be a "wake deserves better, fire Jeff [Redacted]" on day one IMO to get people talking about it. We need to be short and clear

Haven't read the whole thread, but I would avoid words like "deserves" as in Wake Deserves Better. Makes Wake fans sound entitled.

Use "Wake" in the ad and stick to stats from wake forest. The first day should be something like "wake deserves better. Fire Jeff [Redacted]" with the firebz website and the #buzzout. This is simple and everyone will get it. Run three different stats the next three days. Once the Thursday one is there and clear "fire Jeff [Redacted]" from wake fans, people will check back the next day to see what's there. There needs to be a "wake deserves better, fire Jeff [Redacted]" on day one IMO to get people talking about it. We need to be short and clear

+1

Haven't read the whole thread, but I would avoid words like "deserves" as in Wake Deserves Better. Makes Wake fans sound entitled.

We are entitled to a coach who can win more than 1 road game in 3 years.

These are some stats I compiled this year that I'll be using in a BSD article this week. Not sure how effective they'd be for this ad, but one may be helpful.

That did not copy well. I'll find a good stat on there. We lost our 9 road games by an average of 15.33 points this season.

So with VT's design...

Thursday: Wake Deserves Better. Fire Jeff [Redacted]
Friday: Jeff [Redacted]'s Conference Record: 11 - 39 (.220)
Saturday: Jeff [Redacted]'s Conference Road Record: 1 - 24 (.040)
Sunday: ?

I like this...

Back