• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

fill us in - if I'm donating, I'd like this to be as transparent as possible.

Everything's straight now.

The Strattons had planned on running a version of their editorial with the OG&B ad last week but hit some snags on what could be published; which is when I stepped in and created the FireBz.com ad that ran (my 2:45 a.m. projects tend not to go as well).

As I mentioned; I have been unreachable today. The Strattons tried to get in touch to run everything by me, but understandably had to move forward on this without me.

The ad was news to me and I had two primary concerns:

(1) I wanted to know what would be published in the new ad if the FireBz.com URL was going to be used.

and

(2) I wanted everyone contributing to be clear on what they would be paying for.

That's all squared away. Now, I need some help concocting another decent ad. Lightening isn't striking twice without help on this one.

Start the CrowdTilt ASAP and we can discuss stuff while we watch money go in.

Everything's straight now.

The Strattons had planned on running a version of their editorial with the OG&B ad last week but hit some snags on what could be published; which is when I stepped in and created the FireBz.com ad that ran (my 2:45 a.m. projects tend not to go as well).

As I mentioned; I have been unreachable today. The Strattons tried to get in touch to run everything by me, but understandably had to move forward on this without me.

The ad was news to me and I had two primary concerns:

(1) I wanted to know what would be published in the new ad if the FireBz.com URL was going to be used.

and

(2) I wanted everyone contributing to be clear on what they would be paying for.

That's all squared away. Now, I need some help concocting another decent ad. Lightening isn't striking twice without help on this one.

Excellent - thanks for clarifying. As I said, I think we're in for a good chunk of donations as soon as CrowdTilt is set up.

Is it a 2" x 10" advertisement that will run the whole bottom?

Fill me in on crowdtilt. Is it an all or nothing deal? If so, we may go with PayPal. Still weighing the options.

Excellent - thanks for clarifying. As I said, I think we're in for a good chunk of donations as soon as CrowdTilt is set up.

Is it a 2" x 10" advertisement that will run the whole bottom?

Yes, it will run the whole bottom.

I think the Strattons' original vision on this one was a short and sweet "Fire Jeff [Redacted]. Fire Ron Wellman. FireBz.com"

I've had less than 30 minutes to think about it, but I'm leaning more towards something that has somewhat of a positive message.

"Wake's players deserve better" with #BuzzOut and FireBz.com somewhere in the design would fit along those lines.

We need to come up with a consensus as to what's best for it; I'm not going to be involved on the financial end of things... but (especially if you're helping to fund this time around), please post your thoughts. Or, you know, PM me if that's your thing.

Last edited:
Fill me in on crowdtilt. Is it an all or nothing deal? If so, we may go with PayPal. Still weighing the options.

Put the tilt amount at $650... if we hit it, we can do it for another $650 to run for a second day.

I only ask that we keep prices and total donations as transparent as possible. Keep using money to purchase ads on consecutive days and stop us if/when we hit our mark.

If we go over, I'm fine with putting surplus to boards fund.

I only ask that we keep prices and total donations as transparent as possible. Keep using money to purchase ads on consecutive days and stop us if/when we hit our mark.

If we go over, I'm fine with putting surplus to boards fund.

That's the plan. No one is trying to make money here.

If the ad is going to run regardless then don't do crowdtilt. What I would do is use paypal for the first day and then, after you get your $650, do crowdtilt for the second day.

I think the Strattons' original vision on this one was a short and sweet "Fire Jeff [Redacted]. Fire Ron Wellman. FireBz.com"

I've had less than 30 minutes to think about it, but I'm leaning more towards something that has somewhat of a positive message.

"Wake's players deserve better" with #BuzzOut and FireBz.com somewhere in the design would fit along the lines of what I'm thinking.

I'd keep Wellman out of it. Stay on point

"Wake's players deserve better" with #BuzzOut and FireBz.com somewhere in the design would fit along the lines of what I'm thinking.

I like it without 'players' - just "Wake Forest Deserves Better" #BzzOut

"The Players Deserve Better" #FireBuzz #Buzzout...Something like that....the name Wake Forest needs to be in there though or at the very least "Wake"

In this world of so much need why not give those funds to a local food bank. Don't you know your negative campaign has an impact on the university,the players,coaches and their families. It is a mean spirited campaign and Wake Forest deserves better. Do something positive with your money. You and others may be vocal but you don't speak for the majority of fans. Sure it has been a tough few years but you can rest assured Jeff [Redacted] and his staff are taking this much harder than you and yours.

"The Players Deserve Better" #FireBuzz #Buzzout...Something like that....the name Wake Forest needs to be in there though or at the very least "Wake"

I get that we all think the players deserve better, but just keeping it with our school in general encompasses everyone, our players, fans, alumni, etc... just my thought. It definitely needs to have Wake or Wake Forest in it.

"Wake's players deserve better" with #BuzzOut and FireBz.com somewhere in the design would fit along those lines.

We need to come up with a consensus as to what's best for it; I'm not going to be involved on the financial end of things... but (especially if you're helping to fund this time around), please post your thoughts.

Here I come with an RJ-esque $.02, but I wouldn't mention the players at all. Bringing them into it, even in a somewhat positive way, still puts attention on them and puts them in an uncomfortable position. If Bz is not fired, many of them will continue to have to work with him, and I just don't think saying they deserve better will make them feel better. Keep it short, succinct, and focused on Buzz and Wellman.

Just my opinion.

A lot of people still don't know what #BuzzOut means. I'd go with: "Wake's players deserve better. Fire [Redacted]. FireBz.com" Make it clear so everyone understands the message.

In this world of so much need why not give those funds to a local food bank. Don't you know your negative campaign has an impact on the university,the players,coaches and their families. It is a mean spirited campaign and Wake Forest deserves better. Do something positive with your money. You and others may be vocal but you don't speak for the majority of fans. Sure it has been a tough few years but you can rest assured Jeff [Redacted] and his staff are taking this much harder than you and yours.

This definitely needs to be in the ad.

Back