• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

So who wants to help me get my pay pal account on here? It's telling me that I need email addresses to request money. Does anyone know how to get it up and running for donations?

Also, I am happy to post the invoices and if there is a way, to prove how much has been donated. Just may need some help from a pay pal expert.

I'm in for a donation. Let me know where to send it.

You could probably get enough for all 4 days if you let the paypal/crowdtilt site go viral on facebook and twitter but I'm not sure you want that much exposure before running it.

If you can get funding for all 4 days, I would do a new statistic or fact each day with the firebz url, the bzzout hashtag and a uniform tagline. The statistics are so damning, I think you can let them speak for themselves. Something along the lines of:

Day 1 -

Title: Wake Up Wellman/Wake Forest (or something playing off the wake pun)
Fact of the Day: Jeff [Redacted]'s road conference record in the Big 12 and ACC is 2-47 for a .041 winning percentage.
#BuzzOut
firebz.com

Day 2 -

Title: Wake Up Wellman/Wake Forest (same as above)
Fact of the Day: Jeff [Redacted] has suffered 73 double digit losses since the 2008 season
#BuzzOut
firebz.com

Day 3, etc.

Couple of other thoughts - I personally would change the stats so they only include his time at Wake. An uneducated fan could see some of them and say "Oh well I bet a lot of these dismal results happened during his time at Colorado." I think including the CO stats take away from how bad he's been at Wake. I think you should leave the players out of it for reasons stated above. It would also be great to somehow communicate that a new coach will be welcome with open arms here. We're a pretty easy group of fans to please but [Redacted] is just plain unacceptable and he's a terrible fit (him and Skip could not be far enough apart on the spectrum).

If you really want to go balls to the wall - get a simple social media campaign going with tweets and facebook shares of some of the slogans and facts you use in the advertisements. Then also include youtube videos of happier Wake times (i.e. Chill, Duncan, Skip, CP3, court rushings, etc.) with the bzzout hashtag.

We know the direction we are going. Just have to hammer out the final design.

I do not know the direction we are going. I would like to continue to get input on it.

If the ad is going to be associated with FireBz.com and you're accepting contributions to cover costs, that's non-negotiable.

If you want to go a different direction (and not use FireBz.com), that's fine... but you'll need to make that clear to the people that you're soliciting money from.

So who wants to help me get my pay pal account on here? It's telling me that I need email addresses to request money. Does anyone know how to get it up and running for donations?

Also, I am happy to post the invoices and if there is a way, to prove how much has been donated. Just may need some help from a pay pal expert.

I swear PayPal is not the way to go. People want to see the money/total and have the added security of a refund in case something happens. I'm not sure why PayPal is an option when a better resource designed for thus very situation is available?

Use crowdtilt and you will raise a lot more.

Issue with CrowdTilt is that if you don't hit you goal the money is refunded. Can you set it for something like $100 that you know you'll hit though so we can all see it or does it stop showing how much money you have when it hits total?

How much advance do we need to give the paper? If the final is Virginia tech versus fsu or some shitty match up the dollars would be better spent elsewhere.

Is the News and Record sold onsite at the Coliseum? I wonder if they would like it to be, and if they'd like any volunteers to help with that?

Unless it's changed, even better - they give that day's paper away for free to people coming in the stadium trying to drive up subscriptions

I definitely agree if it's going to have the FireBz.com brand on it that VT should have a huge say in what goes on the ad just FWIW.

In this world of so much need why not give those funds to a local food bank. Don't you know your negative campaign has an impact on the university,the players,coaches and their families. It is a mean spirited campaign and Wake Forest deserves better. Do something positive with your money. You and others may be vocal but you don't speak for the majority of fans. Sure it has been a tough few years but you can rest assured Jeff [Redacted] and his staff are taking this much harder than you and yours.

How much do you give to the Deacon Club each year? You could have given that money to a local food bank instead.

Just sent you an email. I'll help you with PayPal or crowdtilt if you want.

I definitely agree if it's going to have the FireBz.com brand on it that VT should have a huge say in what goes on the ad just FWIW.

Would keep the message on point and continuous with the OG&B ad. It's a no brainer, IMO.

My parodies will survive to haunt numbers to his dying day!!

VIVA LA BUZZ!

I wasn't as concerned when I was making the ad for the OG&B, but I reckon I should ask now: Is there any danger in using the words "Wake Forest" ('Deacons', etc.) in an advertisement? Would prefer to avoid prosecution.

This is probably just rehashing obvious, but VT will be getting a say in this with FireBz right?

I wasn't as concerned when I was making the ad for the OG&B, but I reckon I should probably ask now: Is there any danger in using the words "Wake Forest" ('Deacons', etc.) in an advertisement? Would prefer to avoid prosecution.

Why now just use "WFU"?

1) Saves space
2) Nobody could possibly have a trademark on three letters. (not that I think using Wake Forest would be grounds for a lawsuit either. Hey! Maybe we were just talking about the town near Raleigh and their town drunk, Buzz McBzzilebum.)

Back