• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trouble accessing the boards at work? Let me know

TWDeac

Resident Astrophysicist
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me know if you are having trouble accessing the boards at work or at home. I'm trying to get to the bottom of some issues.

Thanks

Very, very slow in the hotel I'm staying in. All other sites I access load quickly.

Good. It's not just me.

If you guys have access to your command line at work, try running this command: tracert www.ogboards.com

It appears to be something with work domains blocking foreign(UK) DNS.

Also, try accessing this site: www.legalbeagles.info

Post a screenshot of the trace route and let me know if legalbeagles is accessible.

I can't access the boards on my phone, since this morning. Getting a timeout error. They're working fine on my work and home laptops though.

Figured I'd just ask here. What causes the database errors? Overload of users trying to access the site? Not a complaint as you all do an awesome job, just was wondering out of curiosity.

Lots of requests to our database at the same time. When we hit the limit, it throws a database error until you refresh and get a turn in line.

ogboards.com has not been working for me (on multiple internet connections and multiple computers, though I don't think I've tried in different browsers). www.ogboards.com does work with no problem.

Back