• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survivor: Season 36 - Ghost Island

All the strategy talk and keeping Abi around this week, and that Jeff guy talking about new school - it seems like survivor strategy wise is getting more like Big Brother. Seems like pretty recently a person like Abi would have been the first vote for the simple fact that she's annoying as hell

Anybody watch this season?

What the hell are these people thinking - Michelle is a waste of space. I was stunned that they gave her the million.

What the hell are these people thinking - Michelle is a waste of space. I was stunned that they gave her the million.

Agreed, I never once thought the entire season she would win, even if she made the finals until about halfway through last night. Very weak winner.

Aubry would have been a more deserving winner. And I hated that they didn't have a Final 2 and allowing one of them to vote off a jury member was stupid and not really fair. It actually set up a situation where one of them could have won the game but have only gotten 3 jury votes. The last challenge should have been for immunity. The game is better with a final 2.

Aubry would have been a decent winner, I was definitely pulling for her. I wonder if Michelle actually won it by voting out Neil from jury.

And I agree I was excited to see a final 2 happen. Disappointing twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do they do a final 3 more now than a final 2? I hate the final 3 as well. I also thought Tai actually played a good game, he was part of a lot of alliances, good in challenges, and made it all the way.

Why do they do a final 3 more now than a final 2? I hate the final 3 as well. I also thought Tai actually played a good game, he was part of a lot of alliances, good in challenges, and made it all the way.

The Final 3 has never made sense to me. It robs too much of the drama from the finale. I also miss the loved ones visits, the food auctions (without having the chance to bid on an advantage) and other stuff that would show the players actually having fun.

The Final 3 has never made sense to me. It robs too much of the drama from the finale. I also miss the loved ones visits, the food auctions (without having the chance to bid on an advantage) and other stuff that would show the players actually having fun.

Yeah I agree about the auctions for sure, with the advantage it takes the fun out of it and makes everyone feel like they need to go for the advantage. The old school auctions were always fun to watch and a light moment that made it more enjoyable.

Just finished the finale. Michelle is one of the worst (if not the worst) winners, ever. Aubrey played a pretty great game and developed as a player as the season went along.

I liked Michele and was pulling for her (and Cydney) most of the 2nd half of the season. I enjoyed this season... Liked that there was never a really strong player that people were trying to bring down. It was more about sticking with the right people and winning when it mattered. Michele was clearly the strongest player over the last few days. She probably wasn't the best all season, but you don't have to be to win.

Aubry was annoying. I can't put my finger on why, exactly. Perhaps because she lacked the confidence & likeability that similar past players have had. She also basically won nothing, aside from a single reward comp.

Tai absolutely peaked too early on and kind of rambled through the rest of the game without really using the advantages he got. And he's just not good at communicating... as evidenced all through the game, at the final tribal, and then at the reunion show.

Bummer about Neal and Caleb having to leave because they were certainly 2 of the more intriguing players and potential threats.

Interesting take - I liked Cydney but I wasn't ever pulling for Michelle throughout the game probably because I barely noticed she was there.

In the beginning I definitely thought I would hate Aubrey but by the end she was unrecognizable from that annoying wuss. Although she didn't win much, she fought her ass off a couple times and came up just short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michelle won by and of the three, she probably deserved to win but it felt like she kind of won by default. She wasn't really making any moves, she just kind of coasted along, won some challenges in the end right when they all wanted to get rid of her.

And what the hell was up at the reunion with the woman giving Tai money wearing a ridiculous hat where you can't see her face from hair. That was beyond weird.

Did I miss anything by skipping the reunion? I just didn't want to listen to Michelle's voice anymore.

I don't hate that Michele won, but I don't think she was most deserving. She struck me as kind of a Sandra-type winner - coasting through the game in an "as long as it's not me" mode. She was in no way a big strategist and/or driving votes. She did win some crucial challenges, so I'll give her that. Seems that her best play was her social game and not pissing off the jury (which is in no way a small feat).

But I definitely was rooting for Aubrey at the end. As she said at final tribal, she was on the right side of every vote post-merge, and was a go-to person for strategy. She lost two of her closest allies to medical and still made it to the end. And flipping Tai back from his bro-tastic alliance was pretty huge. She may not have been a challenge winner, but she did put up a good fight.

Agreed about Tai just petering out and finishing the game pretty weak. I loved him early on - got annoyed with him when he was being a jerk with Scott and Jason - and was kind of meh on him by the end (did love his affection for Mark the chicken and the fact that he successfully convinced a whole tribe of starving people not to eat a very easy and obvious food source for 30 days).

I don't hate that Michele won, but I don't think she was most deserving. She struck me as kind of a Sandra-type winner - coasting through the game in an "as long as it's not me" mode. She was in no way a big strategist and/or driving votes. She did win some crucial challenges, so I'll give her that. Seems that her best play was her social game and not pissing off the jury (which is in no way a small feat).

But I definitely was rooting for Aubrey at the end. As she said at final tribal, she was on the right side of every vote post-merge, and was a go-to person for strategy. She lost two of her closest allies to medical and still made it to the end. And flipping Tai back from his bro-tastic alliance was pretty huge. She may not have been a challenge winner, but she did put up a good fight.

Agreed about Tai just petering out and finishing the game pretty weak. I loved him early on - got annoyed with him when he was being a jerk with Scott and Jason - and was kind of meh on him by the end (did love his affection for Mark the chicken and the fact that he successfully convinced a whole tribe of starving people not to eat a very easy and obvious food source for 30 days).

I agree with pretty much all of that. Wouldn't have bothered me if Aubry won, I just didn't particularly like her.

Did I miss anything by skipping the reunion? I just didn't want to listen to Michelle's voice anymore.

My wife HATED Michele, largely because of her voice. That may have contributed to my liking her.

I agree with pretty much all of that. Wouldn't have bothered me if Aubry won, I just didn't particularly like her.

I didn't like her. Well, I hated her early on, but grew to respect her as the game went on.

And what the hell was up at the reunion with the woman giving Tai money wearing a ridiculous hat where you can't see her face from hair. That was beyond weird.

That was Sia. She is a talented songwriter, but very annoying in her weirdness. She was on one of the final episodes of American Idol and it was just as annoying.

I didn't like her. Well, I hated her early on, but grew to respect her as the game went on.

Yeah, I didn't like her early on either - and I wouldn't say I loved her by the end. Just that she was kind of the best of who was left to root for. I enjoyed this season (as I do every season), but had a hard time settling on anyone to actually root for throughout.

I was super sad when Elizabeth was voted off.

Back