• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survivor: Season 36 - Ghost Island

Makes me feel marginally better that Adam wasted his idol (since Will voted for Zeke)

It will still the right move. It was so uncertain. Adam made some good moves tonight- announcing that he wasn't going to use his "steal the reward advantage" which pretty much guaranteed that whoever won would take him anyway, then giving the advantage to Jay (because it is really worthless until about the final 5 or so)

This has been a really good season.

Will must have told the other group that the play was Hannah. I'd find it hard to believe Hannah would get the idol otherwise. Every week she thinks she is the one to go. Very annoying. Funny that Will made this big move and it ended up not mattering and he will not get the credit for it.

Yeah, Zeke was an obvious target (as evidenced by the previous vote) so it's not like it was some surprise secret blindside. And Will basically ends up looking like a flip flopper and a threat.

Do feel kind of bad for the kid that Ken totally blew up his game. Without that it might've ended up being a decent move.

Ken is an idiot - what the hell was that? I think Will still gets most the credit for getting Zeke, but it doesn't look like it's going to matter because he doesn't look far from blowing up his own game - we will see though.

Adam looks like he may have the opportunity to salvage his game after have some stupid mistakes early on. While the strategy and game play has been really intense, people not being able to shut up when appropriate has also been a huge theme.

I will miss Zeke as a player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Zeke was an obvious target (as evidenced by the previous vote) so it's not like it was some surprise secret blindside. And Will basically ends up looking like a flip flopper and a threat.

Do feel kind of bad for the kid that Ken totally blew up his game. Without that it might've ended up being a decent move.

and its funny because Jessica did the exact same thing to ken earlier in the game and he was pissed.

I have also been enjoying this season, but I still have no idea who I want to win. I like Bret, but I can't say he's done a whole lot. Liked Ken, but the terrible move in last night's episode made him look like a creepy weirdo.

I can't stand Hannah, David, Will, and Adam.

Don't mind Jay or Sunday.

I think that is everyone.

It is another season where they got rid of pretty much all of the big threats early on... Makes for good TV, but I never know who really "deserves it" at the end of the game.

I used to be annoyed by Adam but after last night I personally can really sympathize with him and I think I'm going to be pulling for him now. Can't even imagine how difficult it would be to go through that and not talk to anyone about it. I thought it was pretty shocking that he was able to physically and mentally dominate everyone in the immunity challenge.

I used to be annoyed by Adam but after last night I personally can really sympathize with him and I think I'm going to be pulling for him now. Can't even imagine how difficult it would be to go through that and not talk to anyone about it. I thought it was pretty shocking that he was able to physically and mentally dominate everyone in the immunity challenge.

No one forced him to go on the show. Different strokes for different folks but if my mom had cancer there's no FUCKING way I'm taking a vacation without her, let alone going across the world and off the grid. I hope his mom survives and lives a full life but I don't feel bad for him.

195bc2de882d77cd05df97c2a85382b4.jpg

Do y'all read Dalton Ross's reviews on EW? He made an interesting point after this ep that I tend to agree with. This season has had a lot of backstabbing, blindsides, alliance switching, etc, but people have seemed to do it strategically without personal hard feelings after. There's been a few little blow ups and some revenge plotting, but for the most part, and especially recently, people have seemed to respect good game play. I'm curious if that will translate into a more level-headed jury as opposed to the usual bitter jury syndrome.

Overall, it was a mediocre season. As is becoming the norm, most of the better and more entertaining players were gone way too early. There were, however, a number of great moments in the season that made it worth watching.

I was satisfied both with the season and the winner. I waffled on David but have to say I was rooting for him at final 6. I'm not sure the fake idol that Jay found changed the outcome of that vote, but it made for entertaining television. But with David gone I'm happy with Adam as the winner. Talk about a roller coaster of emotions leaving that knowing you probably won to head home and have your mom pass away. I can't even imagine.

I also enjoyed the fact that the appreciation of game moves and lack of bitterness continued through the end. No one on the jury was too selfish in their "questions" and all seemed to appreciate when they'd been gotten. Jay's attitude was one of the best - he played hard, had fun, and gave props when he got got.

I assumed that whichever of Adam or David got the final 3 would win, but thought Hannah (and Ken to a lesser extent) did a decent job making a case for the jury. Way better than I thought it would be. Hannah seemed all over the place, but she was using her own strategy and trying to make the best end game for herself...and she was on the right side of a whole lot of votes.

1. By the end of the season I was definitely rooting for jay. I think we will see him again.

2. Speaking of returning players I am looking forward to malcomb and Andrea hooking up next season.

Side note: amazing race is now scheduled to return in April. Seems like there might be some overlap in audiences.

Adam and his backstory annoyed me. I think I'd rather Ken win, but I wasn't attached to any of the final 3.

"Survivor is a dictatorship, majority rules."

Sandra surviving two tribals shows how good she is. She's officially the GOAT in my mind.

Do y'all read Dalton Ross's reviews on EW? He made an interesting point after this ep that I tend to agree with. This season has had a lot of backstabbing, blindsides, alliance switching, etc, but people have seemed to do it strategically without personal hard feelings after. There's been a few little blow ups and some revenge plotting, but for the most part, and especially recently, people have seemed to respect good game play. I'm curious if that will translate into a more level-headed jury as opposed to the usual bitter jury syndrome.

It's pretty cool that the entire cast of MvGx treated it as a game and didn't take it so personally. It was very fun. Zeke, David, Adam, Hannah, and Jay are all great characters.

Back