• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survivor: Season 36 - Ghost Island

It continues to get better. This is the best season I can remember.

Chrissy is someone I liked as an early underdog and someone that can use her intelligence to find her way through the game. But how can someone so smart be stupid enough to ruin her social game on a weekly basis? She was pathetic in her confessionals. If you are so smart and know the game, then play like someone that can at least fake being socially competent. Her leaving Ben out was brutal, but kinda funny.

Lauren was my favorite I think, only level headed person out there really, Ashley would be next for me.

Dr mike is beyond nuts

Crazy that if Ben hadn’t walked up to the well, none of that insanity would have even happened. The shit hit the fan hard after that. One of the best tribals ever, kind of wish Ben hadn’t had the idol though, but great move to keep it secret (which is apparently just SO hard to do).

I think Ashley can sneak into final tribal and pull out the W. Hell, i can see all 6 of them winning.

I love the people who clearly lose their mind on Survivor island/in the Big Brother house, so that’s why I like Chrissy. She’s gone bananas. Definitely a cartoonish villain at this point, but it’s great!

I hope Lauren comes back, she was like the stereotypical second boot and managed to make it all the way to final 7 with a good chance of winning.

I wonder what Ben's tattoo is on his shoulder that has been covered all season. At first I thought it was a bandage for an injury of some sort, but since it's been on all season I assume it's some sort of obscene tattoo?

I wonder what Ben's tattoo is on his shoulder that has been covered all season. At first I thought it was a bandage for an injury of some sort, but since it's been on all season I assume it's some sort of obscene tattoo?

It's either obscene or copyright lyrics imo.

Right now I think either Devon or Ben are going to win this thing. If Ben gets to the end, he's getting the W. If not, probably Devon. Since Jeff teased what would happen in a tie vote last year, I think we're gonna see the 3rd place castaway end the tie.

Right now I think either Devon or Ben are going to win this thing. If Ben gets to the end, he's getting the W. If not, probably Devon. Since Jeff teased what would happen in a tie vote last year, I think we're gonna see the 3rd place castaway end the tie.

Well, Ryan has to be everyone's pick to go to the final three with, so under your scenario, Devon wins.

Probst: "One of the best finales ever. It’s dramatic and emotional and surprising. So good. You’ll be riveted."

Survivor: Season 29 - San Juan del Sur

For the life of me I’ll never understand why they let Ben look for the idol.

“Guys, do we think Ben has an idol?”

“Dunno, let’s all talk about it in the ocean for a few hours, who cares what he’s doing?”

it was interesting to see that Ben chose to reveal the idol so early, and used it before the vote. takes away the wow factor, imo. i don't think there is any way Ben makes it to 3, he isn't great at individual immunity and everyone wants him out. once he has no idol he is gone.

- - - Updated - - -

having said that, he should be out looking for the next one...again.

For the life of me I’ll never understand why they let Ben look for the idol.

“Guys, do we think Ben has an idol?”

“Dunno, let’s all talk about it in the ocean for a few hours, who cares what he’s doing?”

This.

Also - I wonder if the producers make in game decisions to influence outcomes. Like in this case, do they decide to keep placing idols out there for Ben (or decide not to) based on how they’d like to see the story play out?

I’d bet they would rather Ben not win. They can always bring him back in the next season or 2. Lauren also.

FYI: They changed something about the final four vote

At final four, the person who wins immunity picks ONE person to go with them to FTC, the other two duke it out in a firemaking challenge

So, for Ben's game, Final 5 will be the more difficult tribal to survive.

Chrissy or Ben; I have no idea who is going to win this thing. The little weenie Ryan is doing a good job trying to stay in it but he’s dead man walking......

Little disappointed in Devon voting for Ryan. But by the end I thought both Chrissy and Ben were deserving.

That's crazy about 8 of 9 immunities being won by women. I hadn't realized that was the case.

Reunion has shrunk yet again to 30 min.

Also, Devon is hot.

Little disappointed in Devon voting for Ryan. But by the end I thought both Chrissy and Ben were deserving.

That's crazy about 8 of 9 immunities being won by women. I hadn't realized that was the case.

Reunion has shrunk yet again to 30 min.

Also, Devon is hot.

Ha; not what I expected Devon to look like all cleaned up. Good looking guy.
Yup, a vote for Ryan is a throw away....not sure what Devon was thinking.
Chrissy ain’t bad for 47 years old.....

Survivor: Season 29 - San Juan del Sur

Good for Ben. I really didnt think I’d be pulling for him to win tonight but over the course of the show I had a change of heart and wanted to see him finish this thing and win it.

Edit to add - you can’t even call that a reunion show. That was horrible.

Last edited:
So I shouldn’t bother watching the reunion tonight?

i turned off the reunion show shortly after finding out the winner, it was unwatchable. i am also not sure how Devon voted Ryan, least worthy of everyone in the last 5 IMO.

i can't stand listening to Chrissy talk about how great she is any longer...ugh, 2/10 her vainglorious attitude is insufferable.

Producers chose Ben to win, and made it happen with the idols and the last "advantage" that Chrissy won that cost her a million bucks. Joke of an ending. Also think that the Jury getting to physically see Ben's moves at tribal (all of his idols he so conveniently found) made them partial to him. They didn't get to physically see Chrissy dominate challenges (A few did but not after they got voted out) and play a better social game. Back to that "advantage", do you typically have to play an advantage? If that's what they want to call it she should have been able to not use it.

Chrissy didn't really dominate challenges. hell ben should have won the last one if his U wasn't upside down. No coincidence she had her streak when going against Ryan, Devon (who somehow was horrible at challenges), Mike, Ben and Lauren. Agree the producers handed it to Ben though.

Back