• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survivor: Season 36 - Ghost Island

unfortunately Michaela is going to the end. nobody will give her a vote.

Debbie getting blindsided was very satisfying

unfortunately Michaela is going to the end. nobody will give her a vote.

Debbie getting blindsided was very satisfying

I liked Michaela last season about the time she got voted out. Perhaps it was the editing that made her more likeable, because I agree she is less so this year. And everyone seems to dislike her around camp. One of the age old dilemmas of keeping a dislikeable person around to beat at the end vs. getting rid of a dislikeable person to make camp life better.

Also agreed that was a very satisfying ending last night. I figured when they were playing all the cocky confessionals from Debbie and Sierra that one of them was going home - since the editors cannot help themselves with that awesome foreshadowing. But I have to give kooky Debbie props for being a good sport about it all. She's a crazy one, but did try to be strategic and make moves. This ep in particular I thought it was interesting how much she talked about loving her alliance (including Culpepper) when she had that huge blow up at him a few weeks ago.

Time will tell if Sarah made the right decision, but it was an entertaining one. She sold it well at tribal too. Can't have helped to have Debbie talk up how tight the 6 were and how much they all contributed to the decision of who to vote off when Sarah was not consulted and was dictated to (and she'd complained about that earlier).

I think a "reshuffling" of the deck is definitely coming as the winning "alliance" from this week couldn't care less about continuing to work together.

Oh no Debbie! I'll miss ya, crazy lady. That's why you don't take credit for BIG MOVEZ til final tribal.

Everyone seems to like Sarah. She's in a good position. Let's see if she stays under the radar.

Aubry and Cirie swayed her, btw. It's fun watching them work together.

I agree that Sarah is likeable, but she's liable to get painted as a flip flopper and taken out for being untrustworthy. I hope she can do something cool with the vote steal thing. Right now I agree she's getting swayed by better strategists.

Cirie is so awesomely convincing. Just so smooth. Pretty much the anti-Michaela.

Anyone else tired of the blindsides? I'm ready to see an alliance stick together during a vote and eliminate the other alliances biggest threat.

Anyone else tired of the blindsides? I'm ready to see an alliance stick together during a vote and eliminate the other alliances biggest threat.

Eh, when there's a strong alliance, I'm always wanting it to get broken up. It's boring otherwise.

Hate seeing Zeke go.

Eh, when there's a strong alliance, I'm always wanting it to get broken up. It's boring otherwise.

Hate seeing Zeke go.

This is pretty much how I feel on both counts. When one alliance sticks together for multiple episodes it gets too predictable. I feel like this season more than ever I am legitimately going into tribal not sure how the vote will go.

And also sad for Zeke to be gone.

Andrea dominated this episode. She was the one who figured out the puzzle, she won individual immunity, and she was able to get out who she saw as her biggest threat. I hope this doesn't make her too big of threat herself.

Unique season in that I truly think anybody left could win, assuming they do some notable things between now and the end.

Anyone other then Michaela, of course.

Usually at this point, I think there are like 3-4 favorites, but it seems wide open this season.

I also have no real favorites.

Unique season in that I truly think anybody left could win, assuming they do some notable things between now and the end.

Anyone other then Michaela, of course.

Usually at this point, I think there are like 3-4 favorites, but it seems wide open this season.

I also have no real favorites.

Final 3 speeches:

Player 1 - You should vote for me because I engineered the following votes.
Player 2 - You should vote for me because I was the most dominant person all game.
Michaela - I don't know who you people think you are, but I don't need any of you.

Sierra sucked so good riddance, but why on earth did she give her legacy advantage to Sarah? I guess she said they had been friends but they weren't allies and hadn't showed much of them being friendly. It was funny to see Sarah looking around at the end like what's going on. Too many idols and advantages left imo for it to be coming down to the end, but I suppose it'll make good theater to see how they are played.

Sierra sucked so good riddance, but why on earth did she give her legacy advantage to Sarah? I guess she said they had been friends but they weren't allies and hadn't showed much of them being friendly. It was funny to see Sarah looking around at the end like what's going on. Too many idols and advantages left imo for it to be coming down to the end, but I suppose it'll make good theater to see how they are played.

Yeah, I also thought it was strange cause she has to know Sarah voted her out (although it sounded like she was still questioning it). Maybe it's just a factor of divorcing personal relationships from game play. They were on two different alliances (at least the past few votes), but she liked Sarah as a person. So once she was voted out, perhaps Sierra separated herself from strategy to give an advantage to someone she considered a friend. *shrug*

Pretty soon, idols won't work. I think it's at 5?

There is going to be some collateral damage in the coming weeks. Between the individual immunity and the many idols in play, someone will end up with one throw away vote going home. Or a re-vote with only two options etc. Cierra and Brad are going to be in trouble.

Aren't they not doing re-votes this year? IIRC if they tie they go to rocks after the first vote (which is new this year).

And Sierra was voted out last night, so I assume you mean Brad and Troyzan are in trouble?

But yeah, that's a good point about collateral damage. What's the count on special advantages now?
-Tai has 2 idols
-Toryzan has 1 idol
-Sarah has the legacy advantage (immunity at 6)
-Sarah has the steal the vote advantage

Aren't they not doing re-votes this year? IIRC if they tie they go to rocks after the first vote (which is new this year).

And Sierra was voted out last night, so I assume you mean Brad and Troyzan are in trouble?

But yeah, that's a good point about collateral damage. What's the count on special advantages now?
-Tai has 2 idols
-Toryzan has 1 idol
-Sarah has the legacy advantage (immunity at 6)
-Sarah has the steal the vote advantage

I meant Cerie

Has a re-vote ever changed anything?

I think it shakes things up a bit when people are trying to flush out an idol. In most cases they split the votes with one person getting more, but if there was an even number on the alliance the vote split could be even - and if the two people on the chopping block vote for each other, they could be immune and everyone else could pull rocks (instead of just re-voting and throwing all votes to one person presuming no one plays an idol).

But didn't Cochran change his vote once on a re-vote in his first season to avoid rocks?

Back