• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survivor: Season 36 - Ghost Island

Well last night's episode sure seemed hurried.

And the finale already next week?

Still seems wide open, especially with how things finished last night at tribal.

Yeah I definitely thought it was a hurried episode. Guess they have to get the season done before memorial day or something. Either way Cirie was an absolute idiot, cost herself any chance at winning the game. She also got her girl Michaela voted out and I'd imagine Sarah is going to have nothing to do with her. Tai better play an immunity idol every tribal he goes to from here on out, although he has been invisible lately, him and troyzan have 0% chance to win at this point.

Yeah I definitely thought it was a hurried episode. Guess they have to get the season done before memorial day or something. Either way Cirie was an absolute idiot, cost herself any chance at winning the game. She also got her girl Michaela voted out and I'd imagine Sarah is going to have nothing to do with her. Tai better play an immunity idol every tribal he goes to from here on out, although he has been invisible lately, him and troyzan have 0% chance to win at this point.

It was dumb move for sure, but she did preface it by saying she was using it to save the owner. She didn't say, "You let me hold this and now I'm going to use it on you!"

Other than Sarah and maybe Cirie, I don't think anyone left really "deserves" to win the game... So in that respect, I'd say everyone has a chance (depending on how they do from here on out and who they are sitting next to).

I don't expect Cirie to win any immunities, so it'll tough for her.
Sarah probably has the biggest target on her, but she's also immune at the first tribal next week.
Tai still has 2 idols.
Troyzan has an idol.
Brad needs to win a bit, but I think most everyone would be OK sitting next to him because he's not well-liked.
Aubry is probably the one I think is most likely to win, but she has a tough road w/ no advantages.

First tribal next week should be good... Have to assume Sarah uses her immunity. Would expect Tai to use an idol. So somebody could go home with like 1 vote or maybe even a zero zero tie.

Preview for next week makes it look like Tai screws things up... Not surprising, but with 2 idols left, I have to think he makes it at least another 2 tribals.

I agree, I just think it's a big flaw in her game play if she was to make it to the final 3. No way the jury votes for her because she played a great game if she made a pretty big mental error right there.

Other than Sarah and maybe Cirie, I don't think anyone left really "deserves" to win the game... So in that respect, I'd say everyone has a chance (depending on how they do from here on out and who they are sitting next to).

I don't expect Cirie to win any immunities, so it'll tough for her.
Sarah probably has the biggest target on her, but she's also immune at the first tribal next week.
Tai still has 2 idols.
Troyzan has an idol.
Brad needs to win a bit, but I think most everyone would be OK sitting next to him because he's not well-liked.
Aubry is probably the one I think is most likely to win, but she has a tough road w/ no advantages.

First tribal next week should be good... Have to assume Sarah uses her immunity. Would expect Tai to use an idol. So somebody could go home with like 1 vote or maybe even a zero zero tie.

Preview for next week makes it look like Tai screws things up... Not surprising, but with 2 idols left, I have to think he makes it at least another 2 tribals.

Probably just reused a promo from all the other times.

Way too quick getting through last night. So much time at immunity and tribal we didn't really get to witness much of the game play at camp. I agree that for various reasons most everyone left could make some sort of case to the jury. What do we have?

Cirie - has made some great behind the scenes moves where she has avoided the vitriol and blame. Last night she miscalculated big time, but she was definitely trying to play.

Sarah - has been trying to play hard, seems like she's made friends, found the steal a vote advantage, and got Sierra to give her the legacy advantage. There's something about her that annoys me, but I think she has a decent case.

Aubrey - she has been on the wrong side of A LOT of votes, but she's been trying to make moves and has successfully avoided getting axed. Winning immunity this week was good for her.

Tai - he is great at finding idols and making friends, but hasn't seemed to do much of his own scheming or big moves

Troyzan - found the idol and somehow stick around despite being on the bottom multiple times. He did win individual immunity, but whether it is the edit or real life, hasn't done much gaming.

Culpepper - I think he actually has a decent chance. He's played hard, won immunities, kept himself alive, and is less unlikeable than he was on the past season it seems.

Way too quick getting through last night. So much time at immunity and tribal we didn't really get to witness much of the game play at camp. I agree that for various reasons most everyone left could make some sort of case to the jury. What do we have?

Cirie - has made some great behind the scenes moves where she has avoided the vitriol and blame. Last night she miscalculated big time, but she was definitely trying to play.

Sarah - has been trying to play hard, seems like she's made friends, found the steal a vote advantage, and got Sierra to give her the legacy advantage. There's something about her that annoys me, but I think she has a decent case.

Aubrey - she has been on the wrong side of A LOT of votes, but she's been trying to make moves and has successfully avoided getting axed. Winning immunity this week was good for her.

Tai - he is great at finding idols and making friends, but hasn't seemed to do much of his own scheming or big moves

Troyzan - found the idol and somehow stick around despite being on the bottom multiple times. He did win individual immunity, but whether it is the edit or real life, hasn't done much gaming.

Culpepper - I think he actually has a decent chance. He's played hard, won immunities, kept himself alive, and is less unlikeable than he was on the past season it seems.

The fact that her eyes always seem to be bulging out of her head, I'm sure that's it, cause it bugs me too!

Survivor: Season 29 - San Juan del Sur

How did last weeks crazy second vote get pinned on Michaela? Why not just get Cirie out? Would have been a better move, unless people are still just not respecting Cirie (subconsciously)? Michaela is not an actual threat and I don't care how many challenges she almost wins. That bratty bitch wouldn't have won regardless.

And how was Tai so comfortable to just not play an idol again? Is he an idiot or did they just not give us enough info in that rushed episode?

Disappointing to not get a full picture of what's going on at this point in the season. I'm sure they could have squeezed some other weeks and let us see this one as two full episodes. Or just give us 2 hours like they've done before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was wondering that re: Tai too. I feel like if I had two idols and my name was remotely floated I would play it. He must have a super tight alliance that we don't know about to be as confident as he is. Or he's very dumb.

Yep. Poor Cirie.

Funny that Sarah was one of the ones that seemed out of place on a Game Changers season and she ended up winning. Although perhaps it made her underestimated and without a target on her from the beginning.

I was thinking as Brad talked about why he was voting our Tai (because Tai has lied to him or whatever) that he was cutting his nose off to spite his face. He should've realized that he had a much better chance to beat Tai than Sarah.

Anyone remember when Debbie like hated Culpepper? That was quite an about face.

Two thoughts:

1. New jury format is trash, allows Probst to control the narrative in various ways. Some of the best moments from the show have been jury speeches/FTC performances.

2. why does Brad have the Mike from veep look in the finale

mike-1024.jpg

DAoPVZpXcAApZ0_.jpg:large

Two more thoughts

3. Being a challenge beast doesn't win you this game unless everyone else is totally unlikeable (Fabio), so good for Sarah for learning from the Tony season and turning it into a million bucks.
4. We need an all winners season ASAP.

I think the narrative of a challenge beast needs to be changed. I don't think if someone dominates challenges they should absolutely win but it should be given a lot more credit than what's given right now. Most of the challenges end with puzzles so it's not like the strongest guy automatically wins.

Also definitely think an all winners season needs to come soon. They have plenty of winners now and could easily get 16-20 of them to sign up. I wonder if they have to make the gender numbers even and if that will be a challenge (not everyone can or wants to jet off for a couple months to play again). Either way this would be awesome.

I thought Sarah deserved to win, so I was fine with how it all played out. Brad looked like such a jerk bullying Tai (for no real reason)... Was so dumb to vote him out over Sarah.

I enjoyed the new final tribal format. The single question Q&A session of the past was just a way for jury members to stroke themselves... This way at least fosters some discussion (which is going on anyway behind the scenes... might as well get it on TV).

Probst is so good, by the way.

Oh, and Debbie sucks. I hope to never see her again on Survivor (or anywhere, for that matter).

I thought Sarah deserved to win, so I was fine with how it all played out. Brad looked like such a jerk bullying Tai (for no real reason)... Was so dumb to vote him out over Sarah.

I enjoyed the new final tribal format. The single question Q&A session of the past was just a way for jury members to stroke themselves... This way at least fosters some discussion (which is going on anyway behind the scenes... might as well get it on TV).

Probst is so good, by the way.

Oh, and Debbie sucks. I hope to never see her again on Survivor (or anywhere, for that matter).

Pretty much yep to all of this.

Dalton at EW had a good explanation why the change in final tribal might not have been perfect but was a necessary way to mix things up.

And yeah...Probst is the best.

I really liked the changes for the Final Tribal. The last few seasons it was just boring. The back and forth between the finalists and the jury was better. But they do need to drop the Final 3 and go back to a Final 2. The third finalist often fails to get any votes and those that do have never gotten more than a single vote.

Sarah deserved to win. Culpeper blew it by getting rid of Tai.

That was seriously dumb of culpepper to vote out tai instead of Sarah at the Findlay tribal.

Back