• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you attend a Wake Forest sporting event next year...

i enjoy supporting the deacs, i enjoy attending games with friends, i enjoy being at BB&T field and in a college sports atmosphere. i agree 100% that changes need to be made across the board in our AD but claiming that anyone who attends an event is making the issue worse is just asinine

I will attend football games this year for two reasons. (1)Grobe has earned a few passes based on his past performances. (2)Wake has a chance to be very good this season. Don't forget we had a lot of injuries last year not likely to repeat, at least not to the same extent. I will not attend basketball games again for two reasons (1)[Redacted] has demonstrated his inability to be a basketball coach--to have the talent he had on this year's team and only win 13 games is deplorable and proof positive of his inability to coach. Oh...he has not earned any passes. (2)Wake does not have any chance to be good this upcoming season because of the ACC caliber players we do have, he will not be able to coach them up. For proof, see McKie's final averages his first three seasons. How in the hell does someone enter a program with such upside as a freshman and three years later still has the same averages? I know Buzzinners, the coach doesn't take the shot!

I'll keep doing the same routine I've been doing since graduation.

-Attend all football games because tailgating with friends is awesome and hey maybe Wake will win. I'm pumped for Price/Camp hookups next year.
-Attend one or two weekend basketball games because we are actually decent at home.

Ron Wellman thanks you all for your continued, unwavering support.

I have season tickets to Wake football and will continue to have Wake tickets to football until I'm in the dirt.

i enjoy supporting the deacs, i enjoy attending games with friends, i enjoy being at BB&T field and in a college sports atmosphere. i agree 100% that changes need to be made across the board in our AD but claiming that anyone who attends an event is making the issue worse is just asinine
This. I think I've been to one basketball game in the past 5 years and I don't plan on going to any others. But football season is the only reason I see a number of my friends more than a couple of times per year.

Have been to 3 games in the Bzzz era. The exhibition against Guilford (bud was a Guilford prof), the W&M game this year and the ACCT game.

Like it or not, the OP is right. Going to games for personal enjoyment is fine. But it's also no way to expedite change.

Oh well:noidea:....99 problems, and this bitch is one then. I haven't lost any sleep over it, though, so I'm not terribly concerned.

I've reduced my basketball participation, but I don't dislike anyone enough to give up football...not even Bz. I'll be damned if I let him or anyone else deprive me of the one thing I look forward to for the 9 months between January and September.

They can't hear you BOOO from the couch. I'm going to cheer the kids that pick us over FSU (Ziggy and Bud), Michigan (Sousa),Stanford (Ty Harris),GT (A Willis)and NCSU (Howell). AND JUMP UGLY ON LOBO!!!! Camp deserves to be cheered by all of us. FOOTBALL= LIFE

Why punish kids who are on the court playing hard because our AD made a mistake? The guys who decide to come here and play deserve the support of an ACC fan base.

If there is one thing you guys should have learned throughout this entire debacle, it's that Wellman doesn't care what anyone on this board thinks.

I'll go to tailgates when I can. But I will not spend another dime that goes to the athletic department for the foreseeable future. Too bad I had already made my DC pledge for this year because I wouldn't be renewing at this point.

Why punish kids who are on the court playing hard because our AD made a mistake? The guys who decide to come here and play deserve the support of an ACC fan base.

If there is one thing you guys should have learned throughout this entire debacle, it's that Wellman doesn't care what anyone on this board thinks.

Because message board talk is cheap. And the AD made more than a mistake. He has been willfully destructive of the program. And every filled seat is a explicit acknowledgment that his actions are OK

Because I don't want any of my money to be construed as an endorsement of the direction that our revenue sports programs are headed. Since I'm not a high rolling BOT member that Wellman will listen to, withholding financial support is about the only way I have to voice my continuing displeasure.

I love the addition of the #realtalk hash tag, as if it lent any additional credibility to the post. Cute, yet edgy at the same time.

Hope everyone at the game enjoyed lining Wellman's pockets as you paid for the privilege to watch terrible food and choke down in edible food.

Keep adding to that bottom line.

They can't hear you BOOO from the couch. I'm going to cheer the kids that pick us over FSU (Ziggy and Bud), Michigan (Sousa),Stanford (Ty Harris),GT (A Willis)and NCSU (Howell). AND JUMP UGLY ON LOBO!!!! Camp deserves to be cheered by all of us. FOOTBALL= LIFE

See you at Army this weekend!! On Brave Old Army Team!!!

Most of those guys don't even see the field.

Hope everyone at the game enjoyed lining Wellman's pockets as you paid for the privilege to watch terrible food and choke down in edible food.

Keep adding to that bottom line.

Terrible food is what I was watching (on TV)? That explains some things. :p

Every ticket and every dollar that goes into the AD's pocket is less motivation for change. So yes, everyone who attends is making things worse.

Sad that others are not able to understand the implications that boycotting these events will eventually have an effect.

Back