• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you attend a Wake Forest sporting event next year...

I will attend the press conference in the near future announcing the whole damn athletic department has been let go, fired, retired, quit, resigned...hallelujah holy shat,where's the Tylenol?

Can't spell awful without WFU.

No need to boycott Wake basketball. Apathy has taken over when there are more Cuse fans than Wake fans at the Joel.

You wrote this in 2013. I have had a fantastic time at SO many Wake sporting events since then - bowl games, ACC championships, national championships, etc. Since you brought it up, I decided to list a few favorite Wake sporting events since 2013:

Wake football over Duke 59-7
Military Bowl
Birmingham Bowl
Wake basketball over Louisville 2017
Wake at UNC tennis 4-3 comeback victory - 2016
Wake basketball over Duke 2014
NCAA Regional Baseball vs WV
Belk Bowl
Football over NC State 2018 (and 2017)
First ACC championship in tennis - 2016
Wake soccer over VT to go to the final 4 in 2016
There are so many other soccer games it's hard to know where to start - basically every home win vs UVA, UNC, and Duke (really the same for Wake tennis)
NCAA national championship tennis match at Wake

You wrote this in 2013. I have had a fantastic time at SO many Wake sporting events since then - bowl games, ACC championships, national championships, etc. Since you brought it up, I decided to list a few favorite Wake sporting events since 2013:

Military Bowl
Birmingham Bowl
Belk Bowl
There are so many other soccer games it's hard to know where to start - basically every home win vs UVA, UNC, and Duke (really the same for Wake tennis)

It doesn’t count when you have to go for work.

This is really dumb logic as it relates to attending any of Wake’s sporting events. I’d argue you would have a stronger case for action from the AD and BOT if you filled the football stadium following a bowl win season and didn’t attend basketball games...

It doesn’t count when you have to go for work.

You should come back to reality, instead of dealing in conspiracy theories and tilting at windmills.

Did you attend any of the events I listed? If not, that’s too bad.

This is really dumb logic as it relates to attending any of Wake’s sporting events. I’d argue you would have a stronger case for action from the AD and BOT if you filled the football stadium following a bowl win season and didn’t attend basketball games...

You know the money goes in one big pot right?

You should come back to reality, instead of dealing in conspiracy theories and tilting at windmills.

Did you attend any of the events I listed? If not, that’s too bad.

That’s cool if you settle for a list like that. I’d rather WFU strive for a bit more. But keep defending an AD that hasn’t produced a meaningful basketball game in 9 years.

Military Bowl
Birmingham Bowl
Belk Bowl

The fact that we only have 2 regular season basketball games listed here, covering 6 years, is beyond sad.

2017 baseball season?!

That first game vs WVU was one of the most hype wake sporting events I’ve ever experienced.

You know the money goes in one big pot right?

Nope. Did you not learn anything from the college scandal last week? If you earmark funds for a program, they go to that program. That’s why Ferguson diverted $40,000 to his volleyball team through the Deacon Club, and why coaches throughout the country ran similar scams.

Agree with SkyDD. What business with multiple profit centers only looks at the total enterprise's revenue and profit and ignores the performance of each business unit? If you stop buying basketball tickets (or buy less of them if you go from season tickets to being selective about which games to attend), in aggregate the AD will notice, even as it might perform well in football ticket sales. It would make no sense to ignore the poor performance of one revenue sport just because the entire AD is doing ok profit-wise.

I bought season tickets for basketball two years ago and have been buying season tickets for football for years. I did not contribute one dollar to basketball this year much less watch a single minute of a game live or on TV this year.

First year of not attending games and will not attend next year if he is the coach. Do what you want, but I typically leave mad because Manning don't seem to give a rats ass about the game and the crowd doesn't either. Even when we're not rebounding, boxing out, showing some bit of fundamentals you never hear anyone "boo" the coach. Fucking show some passion and boo him back to Kansas. PLEASE, PLEASE fire him tomorrow..

If basketball never wins another game, I will still go to every football game I can. If a restaurant has shitty sweet tea it’s still ok to order a beer.

Nope. Did you not learn anything from the college scandal last week? If you earmark funds for a program, they go to that program. That’s why Ferguson diverted $40,000 to his volleyball team through the Deacon Club, and why coaches throughout the country ran similar scams.

We’re taking attending games and buying tickets here. Try to keep up shill.

Agree with SkyDD. What business with multiple profit centers only looks at the total enterprise's revenue and profit and ignores the performance of each business unit? If you stop buying basketball tickets (or buy less of them if you go from season tickets to being selective about which games to attend), in aggregate the AD will notice, even as it might perform well in football ticket sales. It would make no sense to ignore the poor performance of one revenue sport just because the entire AD is doing ok profit-wise.

I bought season tickets for basketball two years ago and have been buying season tickets for football for years. I did not contribute one dollar to basketball this year much less watch a single minute of a game live or on TV this year.

Have you been under a rock for the last 9 years? Wellman made it this long because people like you will continue to support his bottom line, while he allowed Wake’s most important sport to go to shit.

Back