• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you attend a Wake Forest sporting event next year...

thats dumb. i'm not going to stop doing something that i enjoy because of our current situation. i probably won't pay for a single ticket next year but i'm still going to go to games when i can. i still love wake forest despite how much i hate when our Athletic Department has become and will continue to support our athletes

thats dumb. i'm not going to stop doing something that i enjoy because of our current situation. i probably won't pay for a single ticket next year but i'm still going to go to games when i can. i still love wake forest despite how much i hate when our Athletic Department has become and will continue to support our athletes

That's fine. Just know you are making the situation worse.

That's fine. Just know you are making the situation worse.

do you honestly believe this? yeah i bet if not a single person showed up to a single WF sporting event changes would be made. but Ron Wellman and the BOT have shown that they clearly do not give a single fuck about what the average fan thinks. me being one of a few thousand at a football is not going to make the situation any better or worse than me not being one of a few thousand at a football game

I will attend 1 Wake sporting event next year if it exists - Wake @ UVA in basketball. And I sit right next to the visitors entrance. I'll be sure to tell Buzzdick what I think of him as he enters and exits the arena.

idk DD's stance is pretty extreme. to say they aren't helping would be more fair. though most would say i'm talking semantics.

eta: the thing is I was not aware RW sat publicly in the lower section. If i lived in W-S i'd attend games just to attempt to speak with him at the half or something. If you're a DC member i should think you could demand his attention as long as you are polite.

do you honestly believe this? yeah i bet if not a single person showed up to a single WF sporting event changes would be made. but Ron Wellman and the BOT have shown that they clearly do not give a single fuck about what the average fan thinks. me being one of a few thousand at a football is not going to make the situation any better or worse than me not being one of a few thousand at a football game

Every ticket and every dollar that goes into the AD's pocket is less motivation for change. So yes, everyone who attends is making things worse.

I have not been to a home hoops game the past three years after attending probably 200 odomprossergaudio era. Don't see making it next year either.

I think the question is the extent to which watching a football team half-ass it and a poorly coached basketball team are enjoyable.

Every ticket and every dollar that goes into the AD's pocket is less motivation for change. So yes, everyone who attends is making things worse.

I agree. And to earlier poster, you enjoy watching this shit? Football isn't much better.

well i already said i wouldn't pay for a single ticket. and still if our low bball attendance #s this past season didn't promote any change what makes you think low attendance next year will have enough power to bring about such change. you are delusion if you think our attendance holds that much power

idk DD's stance is pretty extreme. to say they aren't helping would be more fair. though most would say i'm talking semantics.

eta: the thing is I was not aware RW sat publicly in the lower section. If i lived in W-S i'd attend games just to attempt to speak with him at the half or something. If you're a DC member i should think you could demand his attention as long as you are polite.

Polite? He deserves to be publicly and loudly upbraided. Just don't use cursewords. (Cursewords = No Class)

well i already said i wouldn't pay for a single ticket. and still if our low bball attendance #s this past season didn't promote any change what makes you think low attendance next year will have enough power to bring about such change. you are delusion if you think our attendance holds that much power

lolwut?

I think the question is the extent to which watching a football team half-ass it and a poorly coached basketball team are enjoyable.

i enjoy supporting the deacs, i enjoy attending games with friends, i enjoy being at BB&T field and in a college sports atmosphere. i agree 100% that changes need to be made across the board in our AD but claiming that anyone who attends an event is making the issue worse is just asinine

I wouldn't mind going to one game...at Xavier if it gets scheduled. Of course, I would prefer to just heckle Bz than actually watch him coach us out of that game which he certainly will do.
@Xavier - L

Ok, let me make sure I understand this: the best fans do not support the team by attending games or giving money to the school; those who do attend games or donate money are bad fans, destroying the athletic program?

This site has been sabotaged! A UNC fan posted this!

I will attend football games this year for two reasons. (1)Grobe has earned a few passes based on his past performances. (2)Wake has a chance to be very good this season. Don't forget we had a lot of injuries last year not likely to repeat, at least not to the same extent. I will not attend basketball games again for two reasons (1)[Redacted] has demonstrated his inability to be a basketball coach--to have the talent he had on this year's team and only win 13 games is deplorable and proof positive of his inability to coach. Oh...he has not earned any passes. (2)Wake does not have any chance to be good this upcoming season because of the ACC caliber players we do have, he will not be able to coach them up. For proof, see McKie's final averages his first three seasons. How in the hell does someone enter a program with such upside as a freshman and three years later still has the same averages? I know Buzzinners, the coach doesn't take the shot!

I'll keep doing the same routine I've been doing since graduation.

-Attend all football games because tailgating with friends is awesome and hey maybe Wake will win. I'm pumped for Price/Camp hookups next year.
-Attend one or two weekend basketball games because we are actually decent at home.

Back