• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you attend a Wake Forest sporting event next year...

We’re taking attending games and buying tickets here. Try to keep up shill.

I was pointing out the fallacy of the “one big pot” idea. This isn’t that hard.

As others have written, boycotting football and soccer games because the basketball team is playing poorly is a dumb, dumb approach.

I went to a fundraiser tonight at Sedgefield CC for the women’s golf team. Former coach Daily was there as well as new coach and the team. They are on the cusp of something special and the players were gracious and wonderful.

I made sure that my contribution tonight went to them as opposed to the Deacon Club. As you can imagine a lot of Deac fans and alums there tonight. I could not find one person who supported Manning. In addition most could not believe he’s still here.

Why are you declaring war on Wellman right now? He’s gone in six weeks. Banning all Wake sports next year will do nothing to fight back against the mistakes made in regard to our once proud flagship sports program. It’s also illogical.

I loathe Wellman more than most, but Currie deserves support right now. If he makes terrible mistakes like his predecessor, then sure, bring out the pitchforks.

I was pointing out the fallacy of the “one big pot” idea. This isn’t that hard.

As others have written, boycotting football and soccer games because the basketball team is playing poorly is a dumb, dumb approach.

Agree. I haven’t missed a home football game since 2001 and don’t plan to, going to Wake football games is the highlight of my fall and damn if I’d let a shitty basketball program take that away.

Have you been under a rock for the last 9 years? Wellman made it this long because people like you will continue to support his bottom line, while he allowed Wake’s most important sport to go to shit.

Nah.

I just don't think the athletic department only looks at the bottom line of the entire WFU athletics enterprise. If they see basketball revenue underperforming, they're not going to say "all is well" just because football revenue is meeting expectations and because the ACC network is about to pay out. Maybe I'm wrong, and there is a total lack of accountability up and down from the AD to Hatch to the BoT. Actually now that I think about it, that sounds more plausible.

Back