• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

I don't give a fuck if Devin or Cody transfer if it means losing [Redacted]. Our current upside is a winning season without postseason play. Burn the mother fucker down and give us a reason to BELIEVE again. Otherwise, there will be no fans left.

I want them both and Gregg Marshall and let him explain to the kids that attitude is cool... you need to internalize it and focus. We have kids with raw talent. We don't have a coach. Watch a Wichita State game. Those kids get it. It is directly related to Marshall's attitude. You don't have to be loved but you damn well better win.

Apparently a specific 'star' player said he'd be gone. With Shelton tied to Battle, he may also ask for a release. I say call their bluff but we are talking about the conservative Wake Forest AD here.

Also the thinking was the 0 loses after Odom was largely because it was a 'to-be-senior' group where transferring makes little sense.

Did you hear it yourself from either player?

If not, I think we could throw it away as lackey AD bullshit. Not like it is beyond that lot to make up serious shit like that for their own gain. Twats.

Also, so fucking what? Have we not learned that placing the happiness of a few players as more important than the program as a whole is a fucking awful idea and terrible way to run a program?

That is what I said...but the counter was that IF we could set the table as Odom did for Skip (get us back to the NCAA)s that would be better than losing any progress (however slight) that we have made over the past 4 years.

I'm about to stroke out that you were told such dross.

I'm not encouraging any of the players to transfer. I want to see them stick around. However, if they are tying themselves to [Redacted]'s continued employment, then I wish them good luck wherever they decide to go. As mentioned, WF has seen this song & dance play out numerous times before. WF needs to make the decision about it's basketball coach independent of player/recruit rumors. A player or two is important in the short term. But a coach (especially this next one) is important for the short and long term health of the program.

Last edited:
I can not for one minute think that any player on that team goes if Bzz goes. There is no way on this planet that is in their head. If Marshall came in they would embrace his attitude and be on board. That goes for any other number of SUCCESSFUL coaches.

I can not for one minute think that any player on that team goes if Bzz goes. There is no way on this planet that is in their head. If Marshall came in they would embrace his attitude and be on board. That goes for any other number of SUCCESSFUL coaches.

Who cares? Shelton is an average recruit for Wake historically, only seems like a star because Bz is a dumbass.

This video is hilarious to watch again. Just the utter bullshit spewing from his mouth.

This video is hilarious to watch again. Just the utter bullshit spewing from his mouth.

He mentioned that we were the youngest team in the ACC last year with 60% of minutes from freshmen. Virginia was next at about 40%. Now we can look at this year and see the difference between us and Virginia. Its amazing just how much that 20% is worth.

Last edited:
Who cares? Shelton is an average recruit for Wake historically, only seems like a star because Bz is a dumbass.

Below average actually.

Icker's comments continue to make me skeptical of Wake leadership. The lack of logic is apparent in how this had been handled publicly for four years anyway.

This is a bad team with coaches and players who are embarrassing us on the court. Bz and Devin are especially bad off the court. If the rumors are true that the players aren't getting it done in the classroom and putting our APR at risk, even more reason to clean house.

I would much rather have freshmen recruited by a legit new coach than these sophomores as seniors. Start fresh.

The administration has said nothing formally and have let Wellman do the talking. What he says is simply irresponsible, incoherent and beneath all contempt. So, is it Wellman's lack of intellect or the entire administration's failure to think seriously about the situation? One thing is for certain, no reasonably intelligent person would say the things that Wellman has said. Is he that unintelligent, or simply disrespects most of the Wake community, the alumni and the fans so much that he can't be bothered to make decent arguments in public forums?

Watching the interview is a grueling experience. It is virtually unwatchable. Just curious, isn't that the last interview Wellman has given? And that was almost a year ago. Not that I miss them mind you but still the basketball program imploding, Buzz completely unaware and incoherent, and no one says a word officially. Is it finally starting to sink in for our athletic department leadership that there is no one left out there buying their nonsense?

Watching the interview is a grueling experience. It is virtually unwatchable. Just curious, isn't that the last interview Wellman has given? And that was almost a year ago. Not that I miss them mind you but still the basketball program imploding, Buzz completely unaware and incoherent, and no one says a word officially. Is it finally starting to sink in for our athletic department leadership that there is no one left out there buying their nonsense?

The fact that Ron Wellman isn't talking is a really positive sign at this point.

He's gone, folks. Don't sweat shit so much.

If a star player did transfer (I don't believe it's true, but just for fun) because Bzzz got fired, where would they go? Would they transfer just to transfer or do they think Bzzz is going to get a job somewhere else?

No need to worry though, he's gone. If a player wants to transfer to protest, bye.

I would love for someone to ask Ron to point to just one decision Bz has made that has been for the long term benefit of the basketball program. Just one.

Jesus, has Wellman made one BIG hire where we plucked a star coach away from either a top mid major or BCS program? Maybe Skip?

I mean, it's not like making the NCAAs turns Shaka from VCU to Wake. Same with Marshall. We either pony up for someone big that wants a big raise or we go decent mid-major route like we always do. You think Archie Miller or Michael White turns down the Wake job because we've been a low-level program under Bz? Come on.

Back