• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

I would love for someone to ask Ron to point to just one decision Bz has made that has been for the long term benefit of the basketball program. Just one.

You've got to appreciate a guy who is "building for the long term" that made the choice to rent a house in Winston-Salem in 2010 on a $1.1+ million salary.

Jesus, has Wellman made one BIG hire where we plucked a star coach away from either a top mid major or BCS program? Maybe Skip?

I mean, it's not like making the NCAAs turns Shaka from VCU to Wake. Same with Marshall. We either pony up for someone big that wants a big raise or we go decent mid-major route like we always do. You think Archie Miller or Michael White turns down the Wake job because we've been a low-level program under Bz? Come on.

Mr. Wellman has fucked the program up enough now that we would have to pay a premium just to get Smart or Marshall (although the premium would probably be lower for Marshall). I mean we would have to offer enough to make them close to the highest paid coach in the ACC. Crazy thing is, we probably could have had either for what we are paying Coach [Redacted] if we had hired them in 2010.

Wellman you have to go, this is all your fault. You have stolen from Wake for 4 years, this is fraud! I am embarrassed that so many educated people so willingly have given away so much money to a black hole. 8 MILLION DOLLARS.

Biggest piece of shit ever. I hope him and the committee make some horrible decisions on selection Sunday and he gets ripped constantly for it. I also hope that national media members scrutinize him for the fucking pathetic job he has done with his own basketball program. I hate you so god damn much Ronald.

Biggest piece of shit ever. I hope him and the committee make some horrible decisions on selection Sunday and he gets ripped constantly for it. I also hope that national media members scrutinize him for the fucking pathetic job he has done with his own basketball program. I hate you so god damn much Ronald.
As much as we all realize what an awful job Wellman has done, if he is going to be here when the next coach is hired (which is almost a certainty), we need him to look as good as possible to the outside world for attracting coaches. After that, hopefully he gets walloped with criticism.

I'm scared that this jackass, knowing he's close to retirement or shipping off to a job with the NCAA, is going to stick us with another "smartest man in the room" type of hire, and leave the mess to someone else to clean up.

I think Wake fires both and opens up the check book. Only way to save the ship, Ron has to go.

There is just no way ronnie is gone. F him and his shitty fucking arrogance. Wellman deserves to be fired. Not retired. Fired.

Wake called yesterday trying to sell football tickets, I told the young man that when Wellman is gone to call me back. I don't understand why Wellman gets a pass.

Wellman went all-in on Bz. Doubled down after a disaster of a year three.

Time for Wake Forest to collect.

Seven consecutive years of [Redacted] ruining players and destroying programs. Four years of incredible arrogance by Ron Wellman that has sucked the passion and life out of our program. We saw this disaster building years ago and Wellman did nothing but condone and perpetuate it. The damage Wellman has done is incomprehensible and some of the most corrupt selfishness I have ever witnessed. To continue to employee either of these fools is an indictment of the Board of Trustees and the President of the University.

Based on the finances, expect an underwhelming hire.

They are overselling this talking point. Trying to blame the fans for not continuing to give money. It is transparent and shame on them.

Back