• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

Anyone know or want to speculate why Wellman stayed until May 1? Why didn't he retire when they announced the hire of Currie?

It won't happen but I so wish Currie would walk in on May 1st and say there is a new sheriff in town and send Danny packing while giving Wellman the middle finger.

It won't happen but I so wish Currie would walk in on May 1st and say there is a new sheriff in town and send Danny packing while giving Wellman the middle finger.

I've also fantasized that Hoard leaving and us having a shitty recruiting class could give Currie some ammo to fire Danny. Don't see it happening but I'm clinging to the <5% chance.

Anyone know or want to speculate why Wellman stayed until May 1? Why didn't he retire when they announced the hire of Currie?

I think the prevailing sentiment is that it was some combination of:
-news of the next-in-line AD leaked prematurely, and they had to go public a bit ahead of schedule
-knowing that they were going to retain Manning, Wellman would stay long enough to take the fall and allow Currie to start with a cleaner slate

As many others have noted, it seemed very far-fetched that Currie wasn't involved with or in the know about the Manning decision beforehand.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hatch gives Ron the title of Athletic Director Emeritus and he stays around to make the real decisions while Currie totes his baggage for the next several years

Buyout for Dabo's new 10 year 93 million dollar contract at Clemson is 4 million (6 million if he goes to Bama). Fuck you forever Ron.

Juxtaposed to Manning for perspective.

That's what Dabo has to pay to exit the contract. Usually that figure is much less than the one for the school to exit the contract. I can't find what that number is for Dabo's contract.

That's what Dabo has to pay to exit the contract. Usually that figure is much less than the one for the school to exit the contract. I can't find what that number is for Dabo's contract.

That doesn’t matter in this case because it will never happen. Certainly not in the next 10 years. Dabo is awesome.

Fuck you, Ron!

May these next few days be filled with mountains of tedious paperwork, social obligations that annoy you to your core, and indigestion.

Better yet, let's send in Flounder, Bluto, and D-Day into Wellman's office with Neidermeyer's horse and a gun with blanks?

Better yet, let's send in Flounder, Bluto, and D-Day into Wellman's office with Neidermeyer's horse and a gun with blanks?

Pull that off and you win a big prize. It'll be pretty tough to do, considering Bluto is dead.

Back