• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

Yup, lives real close to Forsyth Country Club. Amazing. Would think some people would have run Wellman and him out of town by now. If Winston-Salem was anything like Lumberton someone would have set their houses on fire. We have a Lame "fan base."

FIFY

RJ with the scooooooop !!!

Hatch fucked Shaka, Buyout not $16 - 18M !

What else ?

RJ is right. It’s never been $18mil and Ron is less responsible for this madness than Hatch.

How so? Is Jeff Goodman lying to us?

Jeff Goodman was given a story by a reliable source. For it to be a lie from him, he'd have to know it was a lie.

Think about this. You have made decision you know your customer/fan base will hate, but it's been made. You'd need cover. A $16-18M buyout story will stop all other questions in their footsteps. People will ring their hands at the stupidity of making such a contract, but that's the end of it.

Without a perfect excuse, the only questions the new AD and everyone around Wake would be asking is "why haven't you fired Danny yet?" After every loss, you'd be asked, "why isn't he gone?"

Why not use a perfect and impossible to know excuse?

Jeff Goodman was given a story by a reliable source. For it to be a lie from him, he'd have to know it was a lie.

Think about this. You have made decision you know your customer/fan base will hate, but it's been made. You'd need cover. A $16-18M buyout story will stop all other questions in their footsteps. People will ring their hands at the stupidity of making such a contract, but that's the end of it.

Without a perfect excuse, the only questions the new AD and everyone around Wake would be asking is "why haven't you fired Danny yet?" After every loss, you'd be asked, "why isn't he gone?"

A good journalist has more than one source.

OK, so your conspiracy theory is: We made a mistake by signing Manning to an extension. We need cover from the mistake. "I know, tell them the extension is guaranteed to still pay him $16-18M if we fire him now. That should get the people off our back!" How is that the perfect excuse?

The perfect excuse for keeping him is the "buyout". People will bitch less if there is a semi-believable excuse.

BTW, look behind some of what Creamy posted.

I'm slow, rj. Before I look behind what Creamy posted, I am trying to figure out what you are saying.

"Without a perfect excuse, the only questions the new AD and everyone around Wake would be asking is "why haven't you fired Danny yet?""

Are you saying Wellman told Currie this?

I've said what I'm saying. I'm not going into any further details.

The buyout thing is a ruse.

Here's a word I may only use 1-4 times in a year - "source". I know my source and he's never been wrong about anything Wake.

So the buyout is actually affordable but we wanted to keep the worst coach in ACC history because . . .

Townie, if the BS comment is about me, believe what you want. I know where my info came from.

Creamy is close but not exactly right.

Here's the bottom line. I gave you some info. You can choose to believe or not. It doesn't matter to me.

I know what's true.

Back