• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

This thread needs to remain active until the "ides of March"

Walked by Premier today on campus. Just gave him the death stare. Think he knew precisely what I was thinking.

A simple, "thanks for ruining Wake basketball for me, Ron. Now I have more time to study." would have sufficed.

A simple, "thanks for ruining Wake basketball for me, Ron. Now I have more time to study." would have sufficed.

If any of the current students on the board had any balls they would coordinate and each one would say that to Ron around campus. Make him crazy.

And give him a big fuck you from me for making Wake sports so bad that people stopped going to La Carretta and it closed.

Fucking cumdumpster.

Pat Forde lists his coaches on the hot seat. Of course [Redacted] makes the list. Pat's comment about Wellman me up.

The problem: Atmosphere has been toxic for a long time, as fans have mobilized against a guy who was not a popular hire to begin with. [Redacted] is winless in the ACC tournament and obviously hasn’t come close to earning an NCAA bid. This season was an improvement but has veered into troubled waters recently with three straight defeats, including a home loss to Georgia Tech. May need a strong finish to have a chance at a fifth year.

The potential saving grace: There has been gradual progress. Wake has gone from No. 271 in the Pomeroy ratings [Redacted]’s first year to 217 his second, 134 his third and now 99. Ron Wellman is a respected athletic director capable of tuning out fan noise.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-minutes--fan-abuse-is-becoming-an-epidemic-in-college-basketball-085738246-ncaab.html

I don't even know where to begin with that "gradual progress" bullshit. I think the saving grace is that, even if dumbfuck Ron is willing to keep Bzzz for another year, Bzzz would have to be even more stupid than he is to want to live through the hell that would rain down on him. If he thinks this is bad, just wait . . . .

I don't even know where to begin with that "gradual progress" bullshit. I think the saving grace is that, even if dumbfuck Ron is willing to keep Bzzz for another year, Bzzz would have to be even more stupid than he is to want to live through the hell that would rain down on him. If he thinks this is bad, just wait . . . .

His wife may make the decision for him.

I mentioned this on the game thread but I had a disturbing conversation this weekend. It went something along the lines of

-there is a realization that Bzz isn't really the guy
-it is hard to cut from the guy now because of financial woes and threatened players transfers (and possibly the loss of Shelton)
-there is a belief that the program is not attractive given the current state (both performance wise and financially) so...
-if progress can be demonstrated it would be better to retain Bzz to raise the attractiveness of the job and clear financial obligations

So what is progress? The thought was 18 wins + and NIT berth. Of course I made the argument that if the AD does his homework, he can secure the 'right' guy for the job and make sure the players stay. A new coach would have 2 years to work with a solid class and immediately be recruiting to fill them. Waiting a year leaves a coach with only a single year with this current group and Bzzz will likely have fucked up the recruiting for their replacements. So this all isn't a done deal yet but the thinking was missing on the post-season entirely would be end game. The key games are really NCState, FSU, Clemson, and Miami.

Back