• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

We had zero player attrition when Odom left, when Skip died, and when Dino was fired. Why would players/recruits be attached to Bz of all people?

I'm watching Olympic women's curling instead of a Wake basketball game against one of our historic rivals.

Fuck you, Wellman.

Apparently a specific 'star' player said he'd be gone. With Shelton tied to Battle, he may also ask for a release. I say call their bluff but we are talking about the conservative Wake Forest AD here.

Also the thinking was the 0 loses after Odom was largely because it was a 'to-be-senior' group where transferring makes little sense.

I don't believe it. They're bluffing.

I think so too and even if they aren't they can change their mind based on the hiring.

Apparently a specific 'star' player said he'd be gone. With Shelton tied to Battle, he may also ask for a release. I say call their bluff but we are talking about the conservative Wake Forest AD here.

Also the thinking was the 0 loses after Odom was largely because it was a 'to-be-senior' group where transferring makes little sense.

It's all worth it.

Why would any player be so attached to a career loser? Nah, doesn't make sense.

It's all worth it.

That is what I said...but the counter was that IF we could set the table as Odom did for Skip (get us back to the NCAA)s that would be better than losing any progress (however slight) that we have made over the past 4 years.

None of our players are good enough to worry about them transferring. Our long term future is better without [Redacted] even if that means our entire team transfers. That is how bad our current situation sucks.

Just keep in mind...I am simply reporting the type of thinking that may be going on within the AD. When you are committed to a mission, you can almost see how this line of thinking would make sense. The solution of course it to win 16 or fewer and stay out of the NIT. Then this becomes an impossible PR sales job and we have to cut ties. Let's just make this easy and lose out ;-)

That is what I said...but the counter was that IF we could set the table as Odom did for Skip (get us back to the NCAA)s that would be better than losing any progress (however slight) that we have made over the past 4 years.

Did you remind him that any chance at progress actually requires some attrition/transfers due to this 7 man class Buzz recruited?

None of our players are good enough to worry about them transferring. Our long term future is better without [Redacted] even if that means our entire team transfers. That is how bad our current situation sucks.

Exactly. Too many people are invested in these players living up to the hype and being worth this.

I would hope we learned our lesson about keeping staffs for the sake of players and recruits with the AT&T class. Getting the right coach is x10000000 more important.

We're in the middle of a 7, maybe 8, game losing streak. Don't worry, guys.

What is going on here??? What am I missing??? 4 years, 0 postseason births, 0 reason for optimism, and he might get a 5th year???

I feel like I'm going fucking insane.

I mentioned this on the game thread but I had a disturbing conversation this weekend. It went something along the lines of

-there is a realization that Bzz isn't really the guy
-it is hard to cut from the guy now because of financial woes and threatened players transfers (and possibly the loss of Shelton)
-there is a belief that the program is not attractive given the current state (both performance wise and financially) so...
-if progress can be demonstrated it would be better to retain Bzz to raise the attractiveness of the job and clear financial obligations

So what is progress? The thought was 18 wins + and NIT berth. Of course I made the argument that if the AD does his homework, he can secure the 'right' guy for the job and make sure the players stay. A new coach would have 2 years to work with a solid class and immediately be recruiting to fill them. Waiting a year leaves a coach with only a single year with this current group and Bzzz will likely have fucked up the recruiting for their replacements. So this all isn't a done deal yet but the thinking was missing on the post-season entirely would be end game. The key games are really NCState, FSU, Clemson, and Miami.

These guys who are all gonna transfer when Bz is canned are not exactly busting ass to save his job right now.

Apparently a specific 'star' player said he'd be gone. ...

If this true, out him. Seriously, I want to know his NAME. If there really is a player that would say "keep this loser coach or I'm gone", we don't need his loser attitude either.

^^^THIS^^^

Well considering we have a lot of 'star' players on this team, it's really hard to figure out.

I don't care if every player transfers and we field an entire team of walk-ons. Losing Bz would be far better in the long term. He has sucked the life out of the program.

Back