• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

Once Manning is gone, Wellman's last three coaching hires will have gone on to never be a head coach again with plenty of years left in them to be one. That is all that needs to be stated about how clueless that man was in understanding what kind of person it took to be successful coaching in the ACC. Completely clueless.

...Wellman's last three coaching hires will have gone on to never be a head coach again with plenty of years left in them to be one.

I gotta quibble on that statement. Redacted, sure. Never going to head coach again.
Manning, very likely to not head coach again. Especially at the High Major level. Possibly not even D-1.

But Gaudio? I'm not so sure about that one. If he wants a job, I think he could get one. I don't buy the claim that Wellman made him "too toxic" to hire for ten years. I think it's far more likely that Wellman soured Gaudio on wanting to coach and deal with ADs. So he instead enjoyed the much less stressful job as a broadcaster.

So, yeah. Fuck you, Wellman for that horseshit.

Wellman is sitting at the beach in Miami, sipping his Pina Colada and checking out his enormous bank balance. He is humming the Wizard of Oz tune "If I only had a brain", Oh and laughing at us!

Once Manning is gone, Wellman's last three coaching hires will have gone on to never be a head coach again with plenty of years left in them to be one. That is all that needs to be stated about how clueless that man was in understanding what kind of person it took to be successful coaching in the ACC. Completely clueless.

TBIs are a serious thing.

#bikeaccident

Wellman is sitting at the beach in Miami, sipping his Pina Colada and checking out his enormous bank balance. He is humming the Wizard of Oz tune "If I only had a brain", Oh and laughing at us!

I'm fairly certain that upset Wake fans are probably the last thing on his mind right now.

"Basketball reasons"

D2RKUMyX4AESPec.jpg

Good q - anyone?

He was there. I saw him talking with JGray outside the tunnel before the game. I could spot his smug smile from a couple of hundred feet away. Looked like Timmy breezed right past him w/o acknowledging him.

Yeah he was there, but not on the court or anything to my knowledge. Which was nice considering every ex-player from all eras were on the court and did get introduced. Don't think Odom mentioned him in the speech either.

Great to beat Duke, but they aren't that good, and need to keep eye on the prize and get a fresh start. Duke win didn't save Bzz and wont save Manning.

Back