• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

Don’t like the truth? Just go ahead and shoot the messenger. It’s worked out so well for autocracies throughout the centuries.

Goodness gracious you are delusional.

And no you aren't some kind of martyr of truth because you find yourself in the overwhelming minority of people who believe the shit you're shoveling.

You're just wrong. So please just shut up until there is something substantive to talk about beyond the degree to which Ron Wellman screwed up.

And I thought I hated the state of Wake basketball as much as I could. Thanks dick bag for making me hate it even more realizing there are people who feel the way you do in a position to do something about this fiasco, but refuse to accept reality.

BBD bought the domain “firedannymanning.com” I think we should actually make it a working site like we did for bzdickface. I’ll be happy to do the honors.

Yep. time to go to the billboard. newspapers and internet. Where do I donate my $100?

The fans who are disgruntled right now, I understand their disgruntlement. We're not winning as much as they want to win. And they want the same thing as I want. And they'll come back when our team wins. So we just have to win, and we will do that eventually. - Wake Forest Athletic Director Ron Wellman
So. I actually remember that bullshit quote.
When the effen hell are we going to start this "winning" your Boy Wellman was blathering on about?
Look, even you have indicated you recognize Manning is likely to be fired at the end of the season. Good.
Plus, I kinda even support your general attitude towards at least supporting the players...
But if you think for a hot damn minute any of us is going to respect your mindset of "Wellman did so much other good things" while ignoring how he let basketball at our school rot under his watch, well, you're quite mistaken.
And, we all will give you hell for it.

The problem is that Wellman is a smart guy but not near as smart as he thinks he is. As is often the case in any business where someone is considered by many to be an institution and has been there a long time, they start believing they are infallible. Wellman decided he knew better than any search firm what coach he should hire and would not listen to others but acted more like a "lone ranger (minus the Tonto) and did it twice with horrific results. Being a narcissist, Wellman became convinced he was the only one able to do important parts of his job and refused to seek help even when it was obvious to everyone but him (and Tonto, er Hatch) that he had failed. His ego would not allow him to admit a mistake and he just dug his heels in and made nonsensical comment like "oh heavens yes" which has further alienated the once enthusiastic fan base.

Hopefully Currie will understand this and do the right thing, but I have grave doubts about that

The problem is that Wellman is a smart guy but not near as smart as he thinks he is. As is often the case in any business where someone is considered by many to be an institution and has been there a long time, they start believing they are infallible. Wellman decided he knew better than any search firm what coach he should hire and would not listen to others but acted more like a "lone ranger (minus the Tonto) and did it twice with horrific results. Being a narcissist, Wellman became convinced he was the only one able to do important parts of his job and refused to seek help even when it was obvious to everyone but him (and Tonto, er Hatch) that he had failed. His ego would not allow him to admit a mistake and he just dug his heels in and made nonsensical comment like "oh heavens yes" which has further alienated the once enthusiastic fan base.

Hopefully Currie will understand this and do the right thing, but I have grave doubts about that

Agreed. Also, staying as AD until May 1 and keeping Manning was his last desperate effort to fix basketball and prove everyone else wrong - that Manning was a good hire / is a good coach. We all see how that crap is working out. FU RW

Fuck you, Ronnie! Hope your retirement sucks balls you fucking bastard!

I'm thankful that fucktard is gone. Too bad his stench remains.

"Basketball reasons"

I don't ever forget, bastard.

D2RKUMyX4AESPec.jpg

Does Ron watch all of the games this season? Not all in person, but did he watch last night's game on TV? Or does he have better things to do than watch garbage basketball?

Does Ron watch all of the games this season? Not all in person, but did he watch last night's game on TV? Or does he have better things to do than watch garbage basketball?

Nahhh Ronny is on a beach somewhere with a Pina colatta in hand enjoying living off the millions we paid him. Maybe the vitamin D will do his acne scarred face some good though

Nahhh Ronny is on a beach somewhere with a Pina colatta in hand enjoying living off the millions we paid him. Maybe the vitamin D will do his acne scarred face some good though

Oh, we know what Ronny is up to in the sun...

Back