• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

he can't hurt us anymore

get over it

good luck with your undiagnosed brain injury, Ron. I hope you get the treatment that you desperately need soon

Bump.

About halfway through the 6th conference season of Wellman’s second Chosen One to lead our hoops program and we are dead last in the conference. 15th out of 15 teams in a year when ACC hoops is as putrid as it has ever been.

FU Ron.

Ron is VERY lucky he was the AD at a school like Wake instead of a school like Alabama or Oklahoma. He would never be allowed to live in Tuscaloosa or Norman after shitting down the throats of those fan bases like he has ours. He would have probably been verbally and physically accosted multiple times before he even retired. But nope, he still lives in his cozy mini mansion in Camelot right in the heart of our local alumni base.

I guess I probably don’t frequent the same businesses as Ron but I have to wonder where in the hell he spends his time here in Winston. I can’t be the only person who would have no problem making a scene if I ever saw him in person. The last time I saw him out on the town was about 7 years ago near the end of [Redacted]’s tenure while me and my future wife were having valentines dinner at Milner’s. I wanted to say something but I refrained due to it being valentines and I respect the Milner Brothers too much to make a scene in their restaurant. Looking back it may have been worth it...

Ron is VERY lucky he was the AD at a school like Wake instead of a school like Alabama or Oklahoma. He would never be allowed to live in Tuscaloosa or Norman after shitting down the throats of those fan bases like he has ours. He would have probably been verbally and physically accosted multiple times before he even retired. But nope, he still lives in his cozy mini mansion in Camelot right in the heart of our local alumni base.

I guess I probably don’t frequent the same businesses as Ron but I have to wonder where in the hell he spends his time here in Winston. I can’t be the only person who would have no problem making a scene if I ever saw him in person. The last time I saw him out on the town was about 7 years ago near the end of [Redacted]’s tenure while me and my future wife were having valentines dinner at Milner’s. I wanted to say something but I refrained due to it being valentines and I respect the Milner Brothers too much to make a scene in their restaurant. Looking back it may have been worth it...

“You let a man slide today. You must immediately get inside somebody’s ass when that happens to you. You pull the a****** open, step into the a******, close the door behind you. Then you take a spray can, right? Spray, ‘Larry was here,’ ‘Wash me,’ all that s***. F*** his whole a****** up. Get a Snickers bar, paper, throw that on the floor, f*** his whole a****** up. Then you open up that a****** one more time, step out his ass, then leave that motherf***** wide open so he know you’ve been there.”

Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Ron WEllman, WFU AD, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Buena Vista Rd with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here...with a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey shit he is! HALLELUJAH! HOLY SHIT! Where's the Tylenol?

Ron Wellman is to blame for everything related to basketball. If Skip had not died, who knows, but Wellman caused the current situation. I don’t even fault Name Redacted and Manning. Hindsight is 20/20, but in retrospect, Dino should not have been hired to replace Skip. Wellman chose to keep the Aminu, Woods, Walker recruiting class together instead of hiring a quality coach and that’s where it all started. Wellman did not care then and he certainly does not care now. It’s a sad state of affairs and I’m not sure if I will ever be able to return to being the fan I once was. I feel nothing when watching Wake basketball and almost always hope we lose to bring about a Manning buyout. Currie is a Wellman disciple and I’m not convinced even catastrophic losing will convince him to make a necessary change at season’s end.

Ron Wellman is to blame for everything related to basketball. If Skip had not died, who knows, but Wellman caused the current situation. I don’t even fault Name Redacted and Manning. Hindsight is 20/20, but in retrospect, Dino should not have been hired to replace Skip. Wellman chose to keep the Aminu, Woods, Walker recruiting class together instead of hiring a quality coach and that’s where it all started. Wellman did not care then and he certainly does not care now. It’s a sad state of affairs and I’m not sure if I will ever be able to return to being the fan I once was. I feel nothing when watching Wake basketball and almost always hope we lose to bring about a Manning buyout. Currie is a Wellman disciple and I’m not convinced even catastrophic losing will convince him to make a necessary change at season’s end.

The promotion decision with Dino was not the problem.

Given the timing and Battle's wife's situation, Dino as coach for the 2007-2008 season was the only option. The decision point was interim vs full time. If he was interim, he most likely would have been retained because the emotional baggage would have been even heavier after he improved on the previous season's record (17-13 vs 15-16) and exceeded preseason expectations (picked for 11th, finished tied for 7th).

The mistake with Dino was firing him when we did. Most likely would have fallen on his face in 2010-2011 and been fired in March 2010, and Wake wouldn't have looked like a job with unreasonable expectations. Of course, Wellman is shit at evaluating coaches, and maybe that would have just netted out at us being able to hire one of our top choices in 2010 who turned us down - Steve Alford, confirmed not particularly great coach. And yeah we would have been better than the [Redacted] / Manning disaster but we would have been just good enough that Wellman would still grant a ridiculous extension at some point because he is not good at that stuff without being good enough for anyone to actually be happy / think that we were in a better spot than we were under Dino.

LOL. “Paaaaaint. Paaaaaaint.”

3npwk5.jpg

Our starting 5 just finished a game at 4-10 Miami with a total of 24 points.

Back