• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

Even if Wake was good again, it would still be difficult to be an ACC basketball fan. Expansion, the loss of the round robin schedule, the ACC Tourney taking almost a week to play, etc. have just about killed my interest in college basketball. The first weekend of the NCAA Tourney is about all I watch anymore.

I remember winter Saturdays where nothing was more important than watching ACC games all day. And the first day of the Tourney was like a holiday. Teachers would let us watch the first game in school and the whole weekend was built around the schedule.

^^^This

I love that a thread dedicated to giving Ron Wellman the finger has 41 pages, and then I remember why this thread has so many damn pages and it makes me sad again.

Even if Wake was good again, it would still be difficult to be an ACC basketball fan. Expansion, the loss of the round robin schedule, the ACC Tourney taking almost a week to play, etc. have just about killed my interest in college basketball. The first weekend of the NCAA Tourney is about all I watch anymore.

I remember winter Saturdays where nothing was more important than watching ACC games all day. And the first day of the Tourney was like a holiday. Teachers would let us watch the first game in school and the whole weekend was built around the schedule.

Add me to this as well. I remember teachers bringing TVs to school! I haven't watched the ACCT since redacted... Sad...

This is the weirdest part to me. I don't even care anymore when people tell me they are UNC/Duke?State fans. I'm just like, "Yeah, I know... We suck."

I want to care again.

I can't help myself. I still get a kick out of seeing Carolina lose. I don't give a shit about watching Wake . . . but I like to watch the tar holes lose.

I can still recall jersey numbers and hometowns of ACC players from the 1960's and 1970's.

I now cannot name 5 total ACC players outside of WFU. I went to 0 WFU basketball games last year and have gone to 0 this year. I simply don't care anymore. I still attend many WFU games in other sports.

they have a point guard with last name White
and that's about all for me

Duke has a White guy too.

Maye, Little, and Seventh Woods. That’s all I’ve got. I only know Little because he really impressed me in the McD game.

Maye, Little, and Seventh Woods. That’s all I’ve got. I only know Little because he really impressed me in the McD game.

UNC has a guy named "Seventh Woods"?

Is Little the guy that Miami and Arizona were bidding on (per the Fed investigation)? And then all of a sudden he commits to UNC.

Remeber when going .500 was considered a "down" year for Wake? It's sad that going .500 now would be considered a tremendous accomplishment.

You want to know how bad things are? I went to 50 straight ACC Tournaments. I can today name about ten ACC players and four would be WFU players. A lifetime of fandom gutted.

Oh I still know a lot of names of unc, Duke, State, Va. and even VT players because I wish most of them were on my team

Seems like a lot of you guys aren't really college basketball fans, just Wake fans. Nothing wrong with that, but I've still enjoyed watching (non-Wake games) this season quite a bit, and could probably name 30+ ACC players offhand. Gambling helps.

Still nothing like it used to be back in our glory days, and the NBA has a better product that people may prefer, but ACC basketball is very much alive and well.

42-15 and the stadium full of Tar Heels, so glad Wake is doing things the "Right Way" I could do it for a lot less money.

I do not understand how we never hear any statement from Hatch, the BoT or Wellman about the state of the flagship program. How can any leadership team continue with not just bad results but no results?

meanwhile mack/dino are leading one of the best coaching jobs in the country. oh what great thing it is to be a wake fan

Back