• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

So you are happy with the performance of our poorer public schools? Okay, nothing to see here, education is fine as-is. Let's move on to the next issue.
How in the actual fuck do you interpret my post as saying that I'm "happy with the performance of our poorer schools"? Re read my post and give it another shot, chief.

Nobody actually believes NC Republicans want poor minority kids to get a good education. They do make a good excuse to divert taxpayer money to private companies and religious organizations to run schools before lining the kids up for private prisons and saying "We did what we good. Those people just can't be helped."

I genuinely feel sorry for anyone who would post something like this. I can't imagine laboring one's life saddled with a persecution complex. Misery.

I genuinely feel sorry for anyone who would post something like this. I can't imagine laboring one's life saddled with a persecution complex. Misery.

Ph's take is more plausible, based on what NC Republicans have actually done, than believing that NC Republicans actually care about the education of all children.

When Republicans claim to solve a problem by increasing government regulation and red tape and cutting spending, they're not really trying to solve it.

So, in conclusion:

1) Fire those crappy teachers. All of them.
2) Fire those crappy parents. Or something.
3) Bootstraps
4) ????
5) Profit

Now, if we can find a way to skip straight to step 5, who gives a shit about those dumbass kids, amirite?

Never underestimate the power of trying to truly understand your opponents point of view. Good job.

all i know is i'm glad that my kids (particularly the younger one) got into a local charter school instead of having to go to the shitty ass public school they were supposed to attend.

What made the charter school better than the public school?

The above were combined into a single ballot question, which would read as follows:

Constitutional amendments adding the Taxpayer Protection Act to the North Carolina Constitution that would limit the growth of State spending to inflation plus population growth, establish and require yearly deposits in an Emergency Savings Reserve Fund in the State Treasury, and reduce the maximum allowable income tax rate in North Carolina from ten percent (10%) to five percent (5%).

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2015/Bills/Senate/PDF/S607v3.pdf

3/5 majority needed to get on the ballot should be a breeze in the Senate, no idea where the House stands on this.

Amendment approved by Senate, now on to House. Date changed to next year's general election.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article30775329.html

Can't wait to see the republican funding proposal for specialized public high schools suited to every student's talents.

I'm glad to see jhmd wants to return to Jim Hunt's vision for public education.

Seems like they wish they didn't have to.

I can't wait to hear the republican proposal to make sure every parent has an equal say in their child's education, regardless of income.

I mean, the charter school is kind of that proposal. I know #anecdotes, but the one my kid is going to is >60% black and >80% minority. There are two other white kids in his class. From meeting the other parents I would guess most of them are low to middle income, but they are all super excited about their child's education.

I mean, the charter school is kind of that proposal. I know #anecdotes, but the one my kid is going to is >60% black and >80% minority. There are two other white kids in his class. From meeting the other parents I would guess most of them are low to middle income, but they are all super excited about their child's education.

Currently it's a proposal to allow some parents to have a say in their child's education. I question the republican commitment to provide the funding necessary to provide the highest quality education possible for every student, regardless of the model.

Back