• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Oh man, this is amaaaaazing:

@NCCapitol: #ncga Sen Newton saying a vote against the abortion restriction bill is vote for Sharia law - the original matter of the bill, still there.

Oh man, this is amaaaaazing:

@NCCapitol: #ncga Sen Newton saying a vote against the abortion restriction bill is vote for Sharia law - the original matter of the bill, still there.

I just. I can't even.

for a while now, I've cringed whenever NC makes the national news. this is just too much. I hope they get eviscerated. I hope we're the laughingstock of the goddamn country.

Boy they really want to be on the daily show this week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The crazy thing is that the country is moving to the right on abortion but Republicans are still using tricks to move their agenda.

I am against abortion and for reasonable restrictions. But if I have to choose between idiocy and abortion, abortion wins.

"She said Planned Parenthood and other pro-choice advocates had no idea the measure would be taken up today.

Lobbyists with nonprofits that have religious or moral purposes, including the Family Policy Council, Christian Action League and N.C. Values Coalition, were in the room for the committee debate and the subsequent Senate floor debate. Senators noted that those lobbyists were given notice of the bill and its contents ahead of time. "

Don't worry guys. McCrory said he wouldn't sing any new abortion regulations...

"Muslim views on abortion are shaped by the Hadith as well as by the opinions of legal and religious scholars and commentators. In Islam, the fetus is believed to become a living soul after four months of gestation,[1] and abortion after that point is generally viewed as impermissible. Many Islamic thinkers recognize exceptions to this rule for certain circumstances; indeed, Azizah Y. al-Hibri notes that "the majority of Muslim scholars permit abortion, although they differ on the stage of fetal development beyond which it becomes prohibited."[2] According to Sherman Jackson, "while abortion, even during the first trimester, is forbidden according to a minority of jurists, it is not held to be an offense for which there are criminal or even civil sanctions," so Muslims should not support legal restrictions on abortion rights unsupported by Islamic law, as opposed to solely moral activism.[3]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_abortion

So basically NC is putting together a Sharia abortion law.

Back