• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Don't worry guys. McCrory said he wouldn't sing any new abortion regulations...

guaranteed McCrory just doesn't sign it and then it becomes law regardless. Weak Mayor Pat doesn't have the sack to stand up to the nutbags in the General Assembly. The most interesting political dynamic will be how Thommy Tillis handles it as he doesn't want to go too hard to the right before his Senate campaign against Hagan but can't risk a tea party challenger in the primary

WRAL Gov't Coverage ‏@NCCapitol 2m

#ncga Gov says H695 Abortion bill process "not right."Regardless of what party is in charge...process must be appropriate and thorough."

abortion of an abortion bill passes 29-12 in the NC Senate. At least they tossed aside any meaningful tax reform that could improve the state's economy and got to the real issues like this one

Last edited:
Even Mcrory is saying this is wrong...I wonder if he would actually go against party and veto this. It'd earn him a ton of respect in my eyes.

Even if he doesn't, couldn't the constitutionality of this thing be challenged basically immediately?

20 years from now NC residents are going to look back on this era in shame.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Even Mcrory is saying this is wrong...I wonder if he would actually go against party and veto this. It'd earn him a ton of respect in my eyes.

Even if he doesn't, couldn't the constitutionality of this thing be challenged basically immediately?

can't he be over-ridden if they get enough votes? think I read that somewhere.

I forgot about the fact that the House could pass it and McCrory could do nothing...allowing to become law without ever having to sign it.

I do wonder if the GOP has become overconfident. How much can they press their luck before the backlash becomes too much in 2014 and 2016.

I need to brush up on my abortion history so correct me if I'm wrong. Women were having abortions before Roe. They were just through word of mouth and unregulated. In the shadows.

That's what Republicans want to go back to because women aren't just going to stop having abortions.

Back