• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

[h=3]New poll shows just how little North Carolinians know about what they’ll be voting on[/h]
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article217852045.html

Of course. The NC GOP knows this, and that's why they put it on the ballot. They know that their rural rube base will vote for anything they tell them to, simply because it has an (R) next to the name, or because the party tells them that this amendment is good. They're counting on their base not reading or learning anything about these amendments, so they can tell them how to vote.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article219385945.html

Lanny Lancaster, Cabarrus County GOP chairman, shared a photo allegedly of Ford that was originally posted by an account using the name Joseph Mannarino.

Lancaster shared the photo, which shows a young woman wearing braces and large glasses, adding the comments: “This is the alleged sexual assault victim. Wow.”

back to Cabarrus County!”

Contacted by The News & Observer, Lancaster said in a phone interview that there’s nothing inappropriate about his post.

“I didn’t say anything. I just said this is her picture. Basically, the media is distorting the facts on this lady. Everything she’s said is made up. She has no evidence whatsoever. I support that theory,” Lancaster said.

Lancaster said he takes issue with how the news media is portraying Ford’s early life.

“The media wants you to think she was a beautiful young lady who was on her way home from the tennis courts ... ” Lancaster said. “I just wanted you to see the real person. I wanted people to see that this is really her.”

The picture in the Facebook post that Lancaster shared is not of Ford. The photo has been circulating on the internet as a meme since as early as 2012.

NC GOP uses Photoshop to smear NC House opponent.
45134998_258762421477720_2413099449380241408_n.jpg

Meh. That's how it copied from Facebook. Take it up with the poster I got it from.

Here's the image after deleting some extraneous tags. Not sure how they got there but it wasn't from Facebook.

NC GOP uses Photoshop to smear NC House opponent.
45134998_258762421477720_2413099449380241408_n.jpg

Just got a mailer from the NC Republican Party prominently featuring pictures of Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi with the headline "Reject Liberal Mobs."

Back