• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

LOL. Harris campaign hasn't paid Red Dome for concerted election fraud yet.

Good location for a potential trial as Greensboro residents are cut off from the outside world and have no idea what's going on.

I sometimes let him drive the boat.

Last edited:
Good location for a potential trial as Greensboro residents are cut off from the outside world and have no idea what's going on.

Why would it be in the middle district? Bladen & Robeson are in the eastern district.

Though Chris Eason says he does not vote, there are votes recorded under his name for a hodgepodge of nine elections over the past decade, public records show.
In three elections, it indicates he or someone under his name appeared in person for early voting.
The other six were mail-in absentee ballots.
Eason also said that McCrae had offered him money in this past election and in previous elections in exchange for his vote.
“He offered me money to sign a certain person on the ballot, but I won’t do it,” he said. “I told him I’m not voting, I don’t vote. I don’t care who gets in there because whoever gets in there, they don’t help me.”
When asked why he came forward, Eason told BuzzFeed News, “It hurts everybody. There’s a lot of people who are really struggling.”

[h=1]“I Don’t Vote” — But He Did. Here’s How Alleged Election Fraud Works In North Carolina.[/h] “McCrae or whoever’s doing it, they checked them boxes,” Chris Eason exclusively told BuzzFeed News. State officials are now investigating the claim.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...on-fraud-alleged-north-carolina-investigation

Whoa. They're trying to get McCrory to run? So within a few days Republicans have gone from wanting to push Harris through anyway to wanting two new elections.

Good to see they're on board even if it's only because they're afraid a Dem would win.

Man, pretty much a toss up between Columbus and Bladen Counties for awful places to live.

Harris was informed about Dowless’ shenanigans in June 2016 and personally requested him.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ea8338-fca1-11e8-83c0-b06139e540e5_story.html

North Carolina congressional candidate Mark Harris (R) directed the hiring of a campaign aide now at the center of an election-fraud investigation, according to three individuals familiar with the campaign, despite warnings that the operative may have used questionable tactics to deliver votes.

Harris sought out the operative, Leslie McCrae Dowless, after losing a 2016 election in which Dowless had helped one of Harris’s opponents win an overwhelming share of the mail-in vote in a key county.

The North Carolina elections board has issued subpoenas to the Harris campaign and its general consultant, Red Dome Group. In addition, the Wake County district attorney’s office in Raleigh, the State Bureau of Investigation, the FBI and federal prosecutors are examining voting irregularities in the 9th District.

————-

Guess it’s worth pointing out now that the founder of Red Dome is a Wake grad. I think he posted on the boards back in the early days. Not sure if still posts.

You might be wondering why they removed the case considering their efforts to preserve their powe through unconstitutional gerrymandering. With liberals having a 5-2 advantage on the state supreme court, the likelihood of it ruling for new districts before the 2020 election were high. Instead, Republicans want to tie up the case in federal court long enough to keep the districts in place for 2020. This is similar to what happened in 2018. The court ruled that the districts were unconstitutionally gerrymandered, yet determined it would be too disruptive to draw new districts so close to the election.

Holy god, is JHMD really on the NC State Board of Elections & Ethics Enforcement? Nine members (eight Republicans, eight democrats, one unaffiliated).

Dissolved by court order at noon today.

Back