• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Harris calls for a new election. Dallas Woodhouse weeps. Biff is still without representation in congress.

Seems like that's Harris' best chance. Of course, he should be locked up.

why does Harris get to run again?

Exactly. It's bullshit that the GOP gets another bite at the apple, if that's what it comes to. Actual, on-the-record/under oath voter fraud has been proven. And they just get a re-do. I hope the Wake County DA skewers Harris and his campaign staff that knowingly participated.

And once again, like with everything else, the GOP commits major voter fraud while projecting for decades about bullshit, hardly existent voter fraud as the basis for voter suppression laws.

After months of insisting he knew of no illegal activity being done on behalf of his campaign, Republican Mark Harris, who leads the race for North Carolina's 9th congressional district, called Thursday for the State Board of Elections to hold a new election.

"Through the testimony I've listened to over the past three days I believe a new election should be called. It's become clear to me that the public's confidence in the 9th district seat general election has been undermined to an extent that a new election is warranted," said Harris.

It was a dramatic and humbling reversal for Harris, a pastor who until now has insisted that the board of elections should certify his 905 vote lead in the unofficial tally so that he can go off to Congress.

GOP Candidate At Center Of Contested North Carolina Race Calls For New Election

6_jesus-wept.jpg

Looks like Harris is ready for his Jimmy Swaggart moment.

why does Harris get to run again?

I haven't studied it closely, but my understanding is that the bill that was passed by the lame duck General Assembly back in December required that if a new election is called, it would include a primary as well. So, I'd anticipate that if Harris runs again, he may well not make it out of the Republican primary. Of course, Republican voters may not give a shit that Harris, at BEST and most charitably based on the facts presented, just basically turned a blind eye on pretty obvious election fraud occurring in his campaign. The whole ethics and integrity thing does not seem to be a major focus of the Republican Party these days.

There's bigger crooks than Harris in Congress right now. He hasn't even made it into the big leagues yet.

The GOP is nuts if they throw any support behind Harris. It would be a massive gamble on their part.

Really? Strikes me as that's the best he could come up with given that the truthful testimony would have been that he knew exactly what was going on and chose to ignore his son's advise.

Yeah that’s a good point. I guess I’m working under the assumption the dude is telling the truth which appears to be a rare act these days.

Yeah that’s a good point. I guess I’m working under the assumption the dude is telling the truth which appears to be a rare act these days.

I guess it depends. Somtimes that's a fine tact to take. But when all the other evidence staring us in the face tell us that somebody is lying, we should probably not take this approach.

Back