• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Again, I think the most charitable possible view of what happened is that Harris pulled an intentional see-no-evil, hear-no-evil. IMO, there has to be accountability.

Good luck with that.

Again, I think the most charitable possible view of what happened is that Harris pulled an intentional see-no-evil, hear-no-evil. IMO, there has to be accountability.

Basically willful blindness. He fucking knew. He wouldn't be calling for a new election if the evidence hadn't pinned him in between the emails and testimony from his son. He's not doing that because he thinks it's the right thing to do, he's doing it because he feels something worse around the corner - criminal liability. He's already lied repeated to the public about what he knew. He has zero credibility.

Let me just pull up a chair to wait for those national Republican leader condemnations to roll in, should be any minute now.

To be fair, this is not the kind of fraud they have been worrying about how to prevent.

You know, actual fraud.

Asked this question yesterday but haven’t seen anything so here we go: has Fox News picked this up yet?

I remember when BKF/JHMD used to always post about “fraud” (the thread “the thing that never happens happened again” comes to mind), the rare cases of one off’s voting twice or whatever. Wonder what these guys would say now....

I think JHMD was on the board of elections that was dissolved.

Too bad they disbanded the voter fraud commission last year, that’s exactly what its role was, right?

New Election Called In North Carolina House Race

...The elections board will hold a public hearing soon to decide the timing of the new election.

McCready, the Democrat who ran against Harris, said the decision Thursday was "a great step forward for democracy in North Carolina."

"From the moment the first vote was stolen in North Carolina, from the moment the first voice was silenced by election fraud, the people have deserved justice," McCready tweeted.

The new race won't be a rerun of last November's contest. There will be primary elections to determine each parties' candidates and then a new general election, in accordance with North Carolina law.

A spokesperson for the State Board of Elections said the board will likely schedule the election to coincide with the special election needed to fill the vacancy of Rep. Walter Jones, who died earlier this month.

North Carolina's governor, Democrat Roy Cooper, praised the board's decision to call a new election.

"People must have confidence that their vote matters and this action sends a strong message that election fraud must not be tolerated," said Cooper.

As of this current moment, there are exactly zero mentions of this on the Fox News mobile site’s main page. But there 21, count em, 21 articles, videos, or opinion pieces about Smolett. Some are repeats from elsewhere on the page, but still.

Didn’t Harris also try to blame strokes for his inability to recollect certain key details? You serious?

“My son has a touch of arrogance” better blame that phrasing on the strokes too. What an idiot.

I hate how many headlines read that Harris "had a change of heart" about having a redo. Change of heart my ass.

Crazy to me that this guy will not only apparently not suffer any criminal consequences, but he gets to run again?

yeah, why is this guy not getting some sort of repercussions for his actions? oh yes...old, rich, white guy

He’s prayed on it I’m sure. Others are possibly troubled. I think that’s all this case merits.

“One of the things that has come to light is that Marion Warren, the director of the North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts and the person who had to approve Freeman taking over the investigation, had a conflict of interest of his own. Warren introduced Mark Harris, the Republican candidate in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District, to McCrae Dowless, the Bladen County political operative whose mail-in absentee ballot program is under scrutiny.

Freeman said that when she and David learned about that introduction, they appealed to David Hoke, Warren’s deputy, to approve the transfer. That was in December 2018, she said. Reached by phone Friday, Warren declined to comment. He has announced plans to take a new job at Regent University School of Law in Virginia next month.

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article226632669.html#storylink=cpy

The NC GOP is unbelievably corrupt.

Back