• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Well, if any of you are like me, you've watched the adults you grew up around go from fairly moderate to paranoid, angry senior citizens who are made angrier and more paranoid by the modern GOP movement.

Meet Kathie C. Day. @PrayerLioness , candidate for NC09 from Indian Trail.

That snake looks kind of yellow, and not native to NC. Also, who thinks the way to deal with a swamp is to shovel it?

Don't forget to vote in the Republican primary for US Congress today if you're in NC-09.

Embrace the diversity of this district !

I’ll paraphrase a favorite part of an NPR interview with Dan Bishop I heard this morning:

Interviewer: what’s your plan for reducing gun violence
DB: well the Democrats wanna take all yer gunns. I think there’s societal issues and fostering community and recognition of mental health that we need to address blah blah.
Interviewer: ok what do you mean by fostering community
DB: uhh ahh well we need to increase faith and the role of faith in the community

Also tried to argue that HB2 had no negative economic impact to the state. Uhh sure.

This empty headed dipshit bigot needs to be tossed off the political bridge with the remnants of HB2 chained to his ankles.

Ha! My daughter asked me what the significance of today was this morning, and I had to look it up. What a contrived piece of shit that totally fits what the NC GOP is still doing today. No wonder they put it on the licence plates.

Bullshit. It’s real. Charlotte leads the nation in freedom. F You jealous looser.

North Carolina GOP Looks To Ram Through Anti-Abortion Law

Democrats are furious about the bill itself — and accuse North Carolina House Speaker Tim Moore (R) of trying to take advantage of their ailing members to grind down the Democrats until they pick off enough members to pass the legislation.

“The House continues to put [the bill] on its calendar every day, and every day we don’t hear it,” House Minority Leader Darren Jackson (D) told TPM. “They’re trying to take advantage of life circumstances. We have a member who has breast cancer and had surgery about two weeks ago today, was supposed to come back later next week, and they were trying to take advantage of her absence and others’. We have another whose husband is in the hospital who’s being forced to come to session every day. Once they see they’re not missing any Democrats they just move it to the next day and we go home.”

Cheri Beasley, who earlier this year became the first African-American female chief justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court, will have her staff cut in half under a plan supported by Republicans in the N.C. Senate.

The state had a multi-million-dollar budget surplus this year, but Senate Republicans decided to eliminate funding for three of the six staffers who work for the state’s top judge.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article230995293

Republicans: Everything is partisan power politics. Fuck government, fuck governing.

Back