• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

A spreadsheet named “NC College Voters for ZIP ID” contains voter data for more than 23,100 North Carolina university students, including thousands in Greensboro. The detail for the North Carolina A&T students is precise: students are sorted by residence hall. That means that Hofeller knew which A&T students lived in Aggie Village, on the north side of campus, and which resided in Morrow or Vanstory Halls, on the south side—along with a detailed racial breakdown and information about their voting status. As Hofeller sought to create two reliably Republican congressional districts, his computer contained information on the precise voting tendencies of one of the largest concentrations of black voters in the area.

And if Hofeller cross-referenced that spreadsheet against another included on his hard drive, this one saved as “80 pct College Voters on Non-Match List”—which identified 5,429 North Carolina college students who appeared to lack the necessary I.D. required to cast a ballot at the time he drew the congressional maps—he could have crafted this line along Laurel Street, with even greater specificity about who would and would not be likely to vote.

E-mails suggest that Hofeller’s commitment to the Republican cause never wavered. The day after receiving a grim prognosis for lung cancer and a kidney tumor, Hofeller wrote a friend that he didn’t plan to slow down. “I still have time to bedevil the Democrats with more redistricting plans before I exit,” he wrote, on May 21st. “Look my name up on the Internet and you can follow the damage.”

You mean to tell me that voter ID supporting Republicans aren’t committed to electoral integrity? Well I’ll be damned.

It’s about time for Col Angus to come post something about Northram.

Scotty catches the tough ones.

LOL. Forgot where I was.

NC9 voters - reminder to go vote today if you have not already.

Oh gee thanks. Luckily I got a fucking postcard in the mail from some loser from LA asking me to go vote today. Without that I wouldn't have even known there wasan election without the daily junk mail from Dan Bishop and Greedy Dan McCready.

I voted last week, btw.

I have gotten at least 2 crude mailers a day from pro-Bishop groups. They have put a ton of money into this race and have decided to make this a blunt referendum on Trump.

I have gotten at least 2 crude mailers a day from pro-Bishop groups. They have put a ton of money into this race and have decided to make this a blunt referendum on Trump.

Bishop wins in a landslide, right? Seems like special elections are won on the votes of the #olds more often than not.

Primaries are being held in Mecklenburg County so democratic tournout should be good here and McCready needs every vote he can get here because he's not going to do all that well to the east. Not sure if the other counties are having primaries as well.

I'd predict a Bishop win though.

I bet Bishop wins yeah. I see way more McCready signs in people’s yards. But that may not be reflective of his actual popularity and maybe more that some folks dont want to admit publically that they’re supporting Bishop, an awful person in his own right who has also chosen to grovel at the feet of Trump. And as DF07 well knows the eastern counties in the current version of this district are going full Bishop.

Oh gee thanks. Luckily I got a fucking postcard in the mail from some loser from LA asking me to go vote today. Without that I wouldn't have even known there wasan election without the daily junk mail from Dan Bishop and Greedy Dan McCready.

I voted last week, btw.

In person, absentee, or both?

pretty cool the Republicans get a do-over

What was the alternative? Remove the previous R from the race and just give it to the Ds?

I'm not sure why they're allowed to use struck down districts.

The only alternative to using these districts is leaving them with no representation.

What was the alternative? Remove the previous R from the race and just give it to the Ds?

I'm not sure why they're allowed to use struck down districts.

bar the cheating party from getting to participate again, I dunno. there is no good alternative, which is the point. the Rs cheated and get another great shot at keeping the seat, especially because they now get Trump and others to come down and campaign for the seat when they didn't the first go-round.

bar the cheating party from getting to participate again, I dunno. there is no good alternative, which is the point. the Rs cheated and get another great shot at keeping the seat, especially because they now get Trump and others to come down and campaign for the seat when they didn't the first go-round.

Then the NC Pubs will gin up fake cheating scandals to get Dems barred from running for office.

The voters have a chance to punish the NC GOP. Hope they take it.

Harris probably would have won without the cheating in the first place.

Union County's BOE is Republican-controlled, and Precinct30 had 180 voters by 10 AM, but do go on.

EEHVcJvU0AAEgZm

Turnout-10am.PNG

Back