• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

If McReady loses in a close call, can he run against and possibly beat Tillis?

Not sure why "McReady" would waste his time and money doing so. Stick to California.

at this juncture no one with statewide name recognition has shown any interest. I'd speculate 3-4 former or current state office holders running, and then an expensive primary while tillis builds up his war chest even more

McCready has gained on his early voting percentage from election 1. That’s a good sign.

Filing for US House races in NC for 2020 begins December 2 btw. So, congrats to whomever wins.

McCready is up with <1% reporting in Mecklenburg and 44% in Union.

foxnews not covering NC race at all in the 3 times I flipped over tonight so that might mean something? Foxnews is covering chick- Fila protests in CANADA!!!!!, calling CNN state run TV, and Michael Flynn but I've yet to see anything about NC race (or John Bolton getting fired ).

Bishop is up but the margin is looks to be from Union coming in faster than Mecklenburg. Looks like McCready will win.

He’s up 1500 with Union at 100% and Meck at 54% and Meck had more voters in 2018. Every county except Union went McCready last time too.

Last edited:
Bishop is up but the margin is looks to be from Union coming in faster than Mecklenburg. Looks like McCready will win.

He’s up 1500 with Union at 100% and Meck at 54% and Meck had more voters in 2018. Every county except Union went McCready last time too.

If the final margin is a thousand votes or less, I don't see either candidate who trails conceding tonight. There would likely be at least one recount.

Yeah, but Bishop has outperformed Harris in a couple of the podunk counties too. And the Meck Co part is going to vary a good bit depending on which precincts are reporting. He’s down 2,500 votes with 80% reporting. Unlikely he comes back imo.

Yeah, but Bishop has outperformed Harris in a couple of the podunk counties too. And the Meck Co part is going to vary a good bit depending on which precincts are reporting. He’s down 2,500 votes with 80% reporting. Unlikely he comes back imo.

Didn't see those results, various websites show various numbers. If Bishop is up by 2500 with 80% in, then, yeah, it certainly doesn't look good for McCready. Union County has been a killer for McCready, he was just clobbered there. Lots of Trumpites in Union, apparently.

Goes to show you the power of gerrymandering. If you pulled in a few contiguous precincts from NC-12 (Alma Adams), McCready would have this in the bag. And those precincts are more similar to the rest of NC-9 in South Charlotte than most of NC-12.

It's 3000 with 86%. McCready won Richmond last time and lost it this time. Union turnout was 70% of 2018 numbers. If McCready got that from Meck, he wins. If he didn't, he loses.

Back