• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

It's 3000 with 86%. McCready won Richmond last time and lost it this time. Union turnout was 70% of 2018 numbers. If McCready got that from Meck, he wins. If he didn't, he loses.

Well, it looks like Gerrymandering has won the day yet again. The district supposedly has an eight-point GOP lean, so McCready can at least take some satisfaction in that he's run far ahead of normal Democratic percentages in the district twice. Although that's probably cold comfort right now, though.

Doesn't look good for McCready. It's almost 4000 with 92%.

Race called for Bishop. Time for McCready to give up.

Unfortunately, since the Supreme Court threw out the gerrymandering cases for US House districts, there's no chance that the US House districts will ever be fixed without a Democratic takeover of the NC state legislature next year. The good news is that the new legislative districts demanded by the NC state courts will make it much easier for the NC Dems to potentially win a majority in the legislature next year. That would be huge.

Wake med alum from my hometown said that if McCreedy won it would be fraud AGAIN. He was spouting off about how the evil dems stole the election from Harris.

McCready is the UGA of NC politics. So much promise, so few results.

Welp, I guess his dumbass self can rest easy.

He recently posted this:
This billionaire Trump has done more for the little guy - black, white brown - in this country than any president I can remember. No one owns him. He has a concept of God. Maybe not as sophisticated as the theologians or TV preachers or, let’s elevate the discussion, my wife, who is a scholar of The Word. This guy walks the walk. Jimmy Carter and George Bush talked the talk. Not sure I know that he knows the profound implications, but he walks the walk. His entrepreneurial and righteous motivations are good for this country. And he doesn’t have to have power, because win lose or draw, he’s got a good life. He chose serving, which is what we are all called to do. He is not a “great man“ because we are all so flawed, as is he. But he’s given us a breath of vitality, at a time when our country was ready to sink into the abyss. A child in the womb with a heartbeat, 10 fingers, 10 toes, kicking around in the uterus, is not alive until he takes the first breath, according to the Democrats, so it’s OK to pith that child? To stick a scalpel or a pair scissors into the base of the skull and sever spinal cord? No doubt, abortion is the defining moral issue of our time, and Trump, is pro baby! C’mon.

Yep, when it comes to the treatment of children, no other bigger moral issues going on right now.

He recently posted this:

The fact that lots of people think that he’s “serving to serve” (not enriching himself with the office), “walks the walk” re faith yet fails to read his twitter feed everyday, and is “pro baby” despite the kids who his policies have killed at the border is absolutely nuts to me. Just goes to show that people like your buddy, a Wake grad no less, cannot be changed. And it’s important to note lots of highly educated people fall for his bullshit too. Or, are somehow convinced that Dems are a worse option.

We’re fucked.

Back to our regularly scheduled Banana Republic.

Last edited:
Thanks Indians.

Last edited:
What a messed up district. The southern suburbs of Charlotte have nothing to do with Lumbee country.

What a messed up district. The southern suburbs of Charlotte have nothing to do with Lumbee country.

This is interesting too. McCready actually picked up votes in South Charlotte, where the candidates actually live, from last fall.

Is it a scum move? Yes.

Was it on the calendar? Yes.

Democrats find new ways to hijack themselves.

Back