• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Sheesh. Many NC House Democrats were at a 9/11 observance when Republicans called for veto override vote on budget that Republicans said wasn't going to happen today.

Last edited:
Lol wtf are you all doing down there in NC

Elected democrats are Brad-level dumb.

The NC Democratic Party has been a disorganized mess for a long while. Cooper squeaked through to win the governorship in 2016, but the state party apparatus hasn't had decent leadership in many years, and in many rural areas there is virtually no grassroots organization. They haven't even been able to find a strong candidate with good name recognition to run against Tillis next year, and he's definitely vulnerable, having barely won in 2014 against a weak Democratic opponent. They desperately need a capable state party chair who knows how to organize the state and raise funds, but they haven't had anyone like that in a long while, imo. And the NC GOP has taken full advantage of it.

Last edited:
Yep. Horrible Dem leaders like Bev and Edwards got us into this mess.

hopefully this was a lesson to not believe a single word the Republicans say. no votes? you better believe there will be a vote.

I hate to say it and even though I think this is a dick move by the pubs but the dems can only blame themselves, they have been dealing with this bunch of pubs for almost ten years and to think that they could trust the pubs is ludicrous. That is why the pubs kept this on the schedule every day, the house leader was quoted as saying that when he arrived on the floor he saw the numbers and did a quick count and realized he could slide this override right over to the senate and since it was on the schedule had a member call for the vote, slam dunk power politics. House dem leadership should have known better. No one to blame but themselves.

I hate to say it and even though I think this is a dick move by the pubs but the dems can only blame themselves, they have been dealing with this bunch of pubs for almost ten years and to think that they could trust the pubs is ludicrous. That is why the pubs kept this on the schedule every day, the house leader was quoted as saying that when he arrived on the floor he saw the numbers and did a quick count and realized he could slide this override right over to the senate and since it was on the schedule had a member call for the vote, slam dunk power politics. House dem leadership should have known better. No one to blame but themselves.

yep

Yes, but he eroded the trust of NC voters in NC Dems. Do you disagree with that?

No more than he did the same thing nationwide in my estimation. It's not like he was a hugely popular figure when he ran against an elderly Lauch Faircloth in the first place and won 51% to 47%.

No more than he did the same thing nationwide in my estimation. It's not like he was a hugely popular figure when he ran against an elderly Lauch Faircloth in the first place and won 51% to 47%.

So no. Your answer is no.

This whole episode is evidence if Dems had any balls, they could control the media narrative if they wanted. The spoke up about this and actually got favorable coverage. The US House Dems need to have a press secretary who comes out every day and talks about what the House Dems are doing and Trump corruption. Actually give the lazy media something obvious to cover besides Trump tweets.

Last edited:
This seems less partisan...

5d7966a8037fa.image.jpg

Last edited:
Back