• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

I mean, Obama won NC in 2008, which is the year Edwards was exposed. I don’t see the Edwards episode as anymore of a cause of the Dems decline in the South and other places than anything else, or at least not more of a factor in NC than other olaces

This seems less partisan...

5d7966a8037fa.image.jpg

I'm awful at reading our local maps...is this a good or bad map?

Isn’t the map on the right more likely to result in to republican senatrs than the map on the left? I don’t really know. Most likely outcome is still 1-1 though I would guess.

Replace Edwards with Maahhk Easley, and he's largely correct.

Yes, Easley was definitely part of the problem too. There was a huge decline from Hunt-Martin-Hunt to Easley-Perdue-McCrory.

SCOTUS says it's perfectly legal for politicians to pick their voters. Thank goodness the North Carolina Supreme Court thinks differently.

Which party? Let me guess. The same party that’s always lying.

No surprise at all. The NC GOP will try to drag all this out in the courts as long as possible - well into next year if they can. Then, even if they lose in the courts, they'll yell "it's too late to redraw the maps - it's an election year!" which what they did in 2016 and 2018. Nice.

Doesn't really belong here, but Kay Hagan has passed away at 66.

Back