• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Virginia Foxx's statement on the death of AFL-CIO leader Richard Trumka. "We disagreed on everything, but at least he fought for what he thought was right. That said, I'm still pledged to destroy everything that man believed in. Oh, and prayers and thoughts to his family." Sheesh. These are the moments where you're better off just not saying anything - unless you're Virginia Foxx.

Note how the statement doesn’t highlight the nice parts.

And a strong preference for falsehoods and oversimplified non-solutions to problems.

Last edited:
These guys in literal clown suits pull a "random" county to aduit out of a hat and just happen to choose the largest majority-minority County, one of the most Democratic counties, and one they have been bitching about for years. What the actual fuck are they wearing?

c58ca162dce96cb70478374a632574c5.jpg

https://www.wral.com/gop-lawmakers-threaten-forcible-entry-into-durham-elections-office/19914231/

Can't wait till he runs for Governor in 2024. If he somehow wins and the state legislature stays in GOP hands (and it will), and the GOP flips one more seat on the NC Supreme Court to have a majority, this state will be an absolute clown show from 2025 to 2029.

I don’t understand how he got enough votes yet Forest didn’t. Having separate Lt Gov races is such a a stupid system.

Sorry, I think that train has already sailed.

I agree that it's hardly perfect, but at least we have a Democratic governor and Democratic State Supreme Court majority who have blocked (or would block) some of the things that are happening in deep-red states like FL, TX, SD, etc. I doubt an "anti-CRT" bill would pass over Cooper's veto, for example. But give us Robinson as governor and a GOP-majority NC Supreme Court and we'll look like Idaho, TX and SD rather quickly, I would think.

[h=1]Former Forsyth County Republican head charged with stealing from church, threatening family. He was arrested in Brunswick County.[/h]
https://journalnow.com/news/local/c...cle_09b2070c-2b9f-11ec-a030-8b71e14cf3f6.html

Nathan Tabor, a former chairman of the Forsyth County Republican Party who unsuccessfully ran for Congress, is in the Brunswick County jail, accused of stealing motor-vehicle parts and cyberstalking, among numerous other felony and misdemeanor offenses.

Those charges include allegations that he made threats against his mother-in-law and other family members in Catawba County in an attempt to get more than $200,000 and that he harassed his pastor in Forsyth County, accusing the pastor of embezzling money from the church and making sexually-explicit comments to both the pastor and his wife. The pastor filed for a restraining order against Tabor in August.

And his estranged wife has filed for temporary custody of their daughter, alleging in court papers that Tabor is addicted to drugs and has been emotionally and mentally abusive to their daughter. According to court papers, Tabor sent an email to their 16-year-old daughter, implying that she would burn in hell.

Tabor has unsuccessfully run for the 6th Congressional District seat and a seat on the Town of Kernersville Board of Alderman. Tabor, 48, has been an active presence in local Republican politics, serving as the chairman of the Forsyth County Republican Party from 2009 to 2012. He described himself as a Christian conservative in his political activities.

On his facebook (on which it appears he airs dirty laundry publicly), he has a post about what Schadenfreude is, and this is right here is a good example :D

I'm pretty disappointed that the local government didn't build a wooden dome over an existing stadium in Charlotte in 1983 to attract a USFL team. DEBACLE !

Back