• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Unfortunately, the media is already giving republican voters credit for getting rid of Cawthorn. Great job cleaning up the mess you idiots made. It's especially unfortunate because it appears what really cost him was the gay stuff, not the lying, not the supporting an insurrection, not the insider trading. At least they have a line I guess.

Unfortunately, the media is already giving republican voters credit for getting rid of Cawthorn. Great job cleaning up the mess you idiots made. It's especially unfortunate because it appears what really cost him was the gay stuff, not the lying, not the supporting an insurrection, not the insider trading. At least they have a line I guess.

it was definitely an inside job. Chuck Edwards wasn't in the race until Cawthorn declared for the 13th district, but Edwards obviously stayed in when Cawthorn back-tracked. there was a lot of money invested by Tillis's PAC to oust Cawthorn.

People seem to assume the next Republican isn't going to be as bad as the bad Republican they replace. People thought Cawthorn wouldn't be as bad as Mark Meadows.

People seem to assume the next Republican isn't going to be as bad as the bad Republican they replace. People thought Cawthorn wouldn't be as bad as Mark Meadows.

GiddyPlayfulCoati-size_restricted.gif

Yeah, giving the GOP much credit here is a joke, given that his replacement will almost certainly vote the same, support Trump the same, etc. The only difference will be that this new guy will (probably) pay more attention to constituent service than Cawthorn did and (probably) won't self-destruct quite so dramatically. And Cawthorn is just a drop in the bucket of GOP loons, from Greene to Boebert and Gaetz and Jim Jordan and on and on. Getting rid of Cawthorn barely scratches the surface.

Deliverance, baby! And fyi, the cousin is male.

I'm pretty sure this mother fucker is gonna get up and walk away from that wheel chair any day now.

The media lesson here should be that Republicans are capable of keeping their own accountable. They just don’t.

when did the Disney groomer talk come out vs Cawthorn's remarks?

About the same time if I remember correctly.

all the cool Dem candidates are having strokes these days

If Democrats were like Republicans, they'd already have a half-dozen crazy conspiracy theories on the web about how Republicans are clearly and cleverly orchestrating these "strokes" and MSNBC and "left-wing media" would be running this narrative night and day.

To be fair, it was also incest.

Beasley lost to Newby for the chief justice spot by about 400 votes. That ECU poll may be indicative of how bad it's going to be for 2022 Dems in NC. Pretty crazy they're going to get wiped out by a party with no ideas and no plans for anything except stirring up resentment and fear.

Just a reminder that our two wonderful us senators have accepted more blood money than almost any of their peers.

Beasley lost to Newby for the chief justice spot by about 400 votes. That ECU poll may be indicative of how bad it's going to be for 2022 Dems in NC. Pretty crazy they're going to get wiped out by a party with no ideas and no plans for anything except stirring up resentment and fear.

Beasley has no desire to campaign, and it will show.

Back