• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

isn't he going for a House seat now? Hopefully he takes on Tillis in 2026.

Yes. Parts of Gaston and Mecklenburg counties. His opponent is a 35-year old former Green Beret who manufactures gun parts.

Beasley has no desire to campaign, and it will show.

Not only does she not enjoy campaigning, she sucks at it and she knows it. And her campaign staff doesn't do anything to help her. Their social media is awful. Sad to say she's going to get beat bigly in November.

She probably would be a good legislator though.

Not only does she not enjoy campaigning, she sucks at it and she knows it. And her campaign staff doesn't do anything to help her. Their social media is awful. Sad to say she's going to get beat bigly in November.

Well, she's never been a legislator, so that's just wishful thinking.

She probably would be a fine legislator - especially when compared to her GOP opponent - but the problem for Democrats is that you have to get elected first, and Beasley sucks at campaigning. It's not just the NC Democratic Party that's a mess, it's the national party apparatus (the DNC is a joke, imo) and many state Democratic parties are dumpster fires that have become experts at losing winnable campaigns. The FL Democratic Party is a prime example. I'll certainly vote for her in November, but I haven't had much hope of her winning ever since she announced. Jackson would have been a far better candidate, imo.

Lt. Governor Mark Robinson on having women in charge - here's your likely 2024 GOP NC gubernatorial candidate, everyone!

"Robinson, a Republican positioning himself to run for governor in 2024, interpreted biblical scripture to suggest that women should not be in charge.

“We are called to be led by men,” he said last month in a Charlotte-area church speech reported by WRAL on Monday. He acknowledged at the same time that such remarks would get him “in trouble.”

“God sent women out … when they had to do their thing, but when it was time to face down Goliath, [he] sent David. Not Davida — David.”

By the same token, God picked Moses to lead the Israelites, he said. “Not Momma Moses,” he preached. “Daddy Moses.”

“My God tells me that when I face adversity that, number one, I am to stand up like a man! M-A-N!” he added during a rant in which he chided churchgoers who “listen to the doctrine of social justice instead of listening to the doctrine of Jesus Christ.” Robinson, a Donald Trump supporter who spoke at the former president’s North Carolina rally in April, has previously suggested on social media that Michelle Obama was a man.

He denies the existence of systemic racism and climate change, proudly owns AR-15 assault rifles and has called the LGBTQ community “filth.”

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-carolinas-lieutenant-governor-takes-160612713.html

Forsyth County Republican Men's Club and Conservative Women of Forsyth County plan to protest a "Drag Queen Story Time" at Bookmarks in Winston this Saturday. Ken Raymond, the Chair of the Forsyth County Republican Party, said the protest will consist mainly of parents. “No one can really blame them,” Raymond said, explaining that he believes drag queen story time is a tactic of “militant gay leftists trying to separate children from their parents” in order to indoctrinate them. “Any parent in their right mind would protest this,” he said. “It’s not healthy at all.” He called drag queen story time “perversion,” saying that he had seen videos of children putting money down the “g-strings” of drag queens.

AJ Mazaris, director of the LGBTQ+ center at Wake Forest University, who uses they and them pronouns, said that drag queen story hours are family friendly events where drag queens read age-appropriate and positive books to children. “I would really encourage anyone who is concerned about this event or considering protesting it to do more research,” they said. “These events are geared toward celebrating beautiful, glittery, sparkly people, something all children love and we should all appreciate.”

Mazaris emphasized that LGBTQ+ youth and transgender youth experience higher rates of suicidal ideation and other mental health issues. They said rates of suicidal ideation are as high as 40 percent in transgender youth, which they called a public health crisis.

Executive director of Bookmarks Jamie Southern explained that Bookmarks supports pride and representation for all people. “Bookmarks stands for inclusivity,” she said. “We are welcoming to anyone who wants to find a safe space within books.”

Link: https://journalnow.com/news/local/republican-groups-plan-to-protest-independent-bookstores-drag-queen-story-time-saturday/article_29cf97c2-ece0-11ec-a98b-33e98f210fec.html?utm_source=journalnow.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletter-templates%2Fnews-alert&utm_medium=PostUp&utm_content=c5f37ee8efd8ef037f7ef588382711439cbadbb0

Imagine getting to incensed over electricity.

Is it just for free charging though? I didn't even know that was a thing on public property -- think it's awesome though.

Back