• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

That is really strange, if your statement above is true I do not understand why NC has only elected 3 republican governors in the last 100 years (none in the last 20 before this election). I think your partisan strips are showing through. The shit show currently on display in Raleigh is in direct response to the gross mismanagement of NC state government over the past 12 years. Yes, the voters went too far in electing these numb nuts but it is mostly due to the two prior administrations being absolutely criminal.

This is absolutely true. As is what I posted.

I voted for 3 NC Pubs in the last election cycle, FYI. But I've never seen anything like the apocalypse of stupid the rest of the state put into office.

Conservative are the majority in NC, and will vote for anything with an R next to it during a general election. That's fine, except when that same faction completely loses any semblance of reason when selecting its candidates in closed primaries.

This is, by far, the dumbest government ever elected in NC history, and the left didn't vote for any of them. This dumpster fire should be the shame of every conservative living in the state.

Unless you count the most important office of the State for the last 175 years. Other than that, totally.

That is really strange, if your statement above is true I do not understand why NC has only elected 3 republican governors in the last 100 years (none in the last 20 before this election). I think your partisan strips are showing through. The shit show currently on display in Raleigh is in direct response to the gross mismanagement of NC state government over the past 12 years. Yes, the voters went too far in electing these numb nuts but it is mostly due to the two prior administrations being absolutely criminal.

No kidding. Somehow denial has pushed AD through a portal into a bizarre shadow universe.

It's sad that board conservatives see the problems with the government they elected but have no other response than:

Perhaps you should check the post where I support the income tax reform (Hey Ph, what's the income tax in your state? Wanna trade?) and the process of stopping lying to victims of the lottery. Facts are stubborn things.

But on your other point, you are correct: NC Dems are hilariously bad and worthy of a tremendous amount of mockery. Were you at Dook when Nifong and the mob attempted to convict three innocent people solely on unsupported allegations and inflamed racial prejudices? Nifong was a decamillion dollar disaster, and not even he was the low point of Mike Easley's administration. Strangely, the Dem brand was damaged along with the pitfalls of identity politics. It turns out people like competent government, responsible fiscal policies and private sector jobs after all. Sucks to be a Dem in that environment.

Last edited:
So you agree with only two things that your party is doing and all you can do is enjoy your revenge on the Dems?

So you agree with only two things that your party is doing and all you can do is enjoy your revenge on the Dems?

I could think of 1,000 things that I like better about the Republican Party's platform than that of the Dems. 1,000 might actually be low, but I was focusing on specific policy proposals currently on the table. What I am NOT doing is disregarding the overhaul of the income tax structure (an enoromous undertaking by any sincere measure) and focusing on some fringe proposal by a first termer that has no chance of passing, and then posting six threads about them as though they comprise the entire agenda. They don't, and any honest person knows that. I will leave the politics of distraction to the BBDs of the world. I would say a complete overhaul of the State's income tax apparatus (or as you would say, "just one of two things") is more than enough of an ambitious start in the first 75 days of the new Governorship.

I should also add that I appreciate the new leadership's sincere efforts to curtail costs across the UNC system. So I guess that small matter raises the level of things I appreciate to three...hey look, a 50% increase! But yes, your point remains that the Dems made their bed.

Last edited:
Section 1: We know this is unconstitutional.

My goodness. jhmd, you're letting a lot of stuff slide in order to get your revenge.

Bootstraps...and oh yeah lottery advertising

"Pat McCrory has been a very busy Republican GOP governor. Last week came the decision to eliminate the state’s office for Latino affairs, shifting its duties to the office of community and constituent affairs. The governor’s chief of staff explained in a statement, “We don’t segment our constituents by race or cultural background any more than we separate them by age or gender,” and noted the Governor’s Advisory Council on Hispanic/Latino Affairs as “a valuable resource to help us address culturally sensitive issues.”"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...lina-democrats-and-gop-make-high-stakes-bets/

The council on aging still exists.

"Pat McCrory has been a very busy Republican GOP governor. Last week came the decision to eliminate the state’s office for Latino affairs, shifting its duties to the office of community and constituent affairs. The governor’s chief of staff explained in a statement, “We don’t segment our constituents by race or cultural background any more than we separate them by age or gender,” and noted the Governor’s Advisory Council on Hispanic/Latino Affairs as “a valuable resource to help us address culturally sensitive issues.”"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...lina-democrats-and-gop-make-high-stakes-bets/

The council on aging still exists.

What's the other position? Revert to the Dem's standard "But, but, but our racism is good racism"?

When faced with a choice, I will invariably support the race-neutral policy position.

Putting an abrupt an end to racial pandering at every turn is another good step of the new conservative government in Raleigh.

Last edited:
Can you explain what "racial pandering" is?

Seems like it's just a way to make sure whites can organize and get their voices heard while minorities sit in the back.

The state religion stuff is amazing.

Of course it is. Everyone knows that any knucklehead can propose whatever s/he thinks the base wants to hear. Let's not pretend for a second it has a chance of passing...in fact, let's apply a confidence test. If it passes and is signed into law (as the Puff Host piece dishonestly implied was imminent), I will buy an ad in the GNR advocating "#PatOut." If by the end of his first term, we haven't declared a religion, you can buy me a Cookout milkshake of my choosing. Deal?

It sucks when idiots on the right give you guys a bright shiny object to chase instead of talking about the massive income tax overhaul (a debate you'd lose), long-overdue UNC-system budget reform (ditto) and Medicaid reform (needed, but probably more controversial). Believe me, nobody hates it more than me. I'd rather confine the debate to income tax reform and spending control.

Back