• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Look at this shit. I'm not blaming the GOP, but all on NC government. Just incredible mismanagement.

My brother-in-law works in liquor sales and he has said for years that the Winston-Salem ABC board is the absolute worst run in the state.

That's a good reason to flee North Carolina for dem run cities (the existence of ABC stores alone is reason enough, really). No liquor shortage here in Chicago. We will welcome you with open arms.

Charlotte is a Dem run city.

And Dems across the state have perpetuated this system for decades.

The system being ABC stores? Republicans against those?

The ABC stores are just the dumbest shit.

Lindsey Graham just threatened Mitch McConnell over Donald Trump

"Elections are about the future. If you want to be a Republican leader in the House or the Senate, you have to have a working relationship with Donald Trump. Can Senator McConnell effectively work with the leader of the Republican party, Donald Trump? He is the most consequential Republican since Ronald Reagan. It's his nomination if he wants it. ... Can Senator McConnell effectively work with the leader of the Republican party, Donald Trump? ...
"I am not going to vote for anybody for leader of the Senate as a Republican unless they can prove to me that they can advocate an 'America First' agenda and have a working relationship with Donald Trump because if you can't do that you will fail."

Remember when posters here seemed to legitimately think that Trump didn't lead their party? As recently as this week in fact.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/27/politics/pat-mccrory-duke-segregration-kfile/index.html

"The head of the policy school called me up and said, 'Governor, we've got some problems. We've got some alumni and big donors that don't want you to come back to Duke to be a part of this public policy school,'" said McCrory in January 2021, referring to a job at Duke University's Sanford School of Public Policy.
"You know what I said to him, I said, 'If I come back to the, if I come back to the campus, will you serve me at the lunch counter?' And I meant it."
"Speaking about the ultimate blacklisting was the African American students from North Carolina A&T University who wanted to eat at the counter at Woolworths, the lunch counter. And they refused them. They were blacklisted because of the color of their skin," added McCrory. "Other people are now being blacklisted because of our politics. And it's both wrong. It's both deplorable. And we've got to speak out against it."

Maybe Republicans should consider trying something-other-than-deplorable politics…?

Cawthorn isn’t going to speak ill of Nazis.

Back