• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

what kind of problems?

Cannot read letters from uncles and aunts. Had to ask for translations when reading comments in old yearbooks. Stuff similar.

Cursive is faster to write also. My script can be difficult to read.

Cannot read letters from uncles and aunts. Had to ask for translations when reading comments in old yearbooks. Stuff similar.

Sounds like very minor problems to me.

If it's that important to you, teach them to read cursive yourself.

This ranks up there with saying the inability to use a typewriter is a problem. It's a "problem" which is gradually becoming irrelevant.

Bill would extend waiting period for divorce to two years

Sen. Austin Allran, a Republican who represents Alexander and Catawba counties, filed the bill Thursday.

The “Healthy Marriage Act” would change the way couples in North Carolina get a divorce. Instead of requiring that they live apart for one-year, Allran’s new legislation would have them file an intent to divorce, then wait two years before their split is official.

The couple could live together or apart during those two years, according to the bill.

The couple would have to complete courses on improving communication skills and conflict resolutions, something that isn’t required currently.

http://www.news-record.com/news/977972-87/bill-would-extend-waiting-period

WTF? Nice job of staying out of people's lives and not getting involved with social engineering.

What is the problem with voting on Sunday?

I am in favor of increased access to a secured voting process. There's nothing wrong with voting on a Sunday. There's something wrong with voting on every Sunday.

There's something wrong with voting on every Sunday.

Show us some evidence that that's a problem, and then we can talk about a solution. If there's no problem, then there's no need for a solution.

At same places you can vote early during the week.

I can't believe there are government offices open on Sundays much less employees working it. In Georgia, the only places you can early vote in person are public offices, and TMK, only during business days/hours.

But Republicans want government out of people's personal lives.

Exactly how will they pay for the home school credit?

How will they know if the parents are capable of teaching their kids versus wanting the money?

Delete this thread. Just not worth the risk Georgia politicians might see it and realize another state has found even more fucked up ways to shit on education and voting than they have.

Back