• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Yep, and this has been going on for a long while, as the article states. Screw over veteran, experienced teachers in favor of newbies who receive less pay and ever-fewer benefits (as the article notes, the NCGA just keeps cutting benefits for new teachers). And if the veteran teachers take early retirement and quit (and I know some who have in the past couple of years) the NCGA and people like Phil Berger don't care, as they'll just replace the more expensive veteran with a rookie who probably won't stay to get full retirement. I'm honestly surprised they haven't gone after pensions, but I suspect that even they know that if they did that they would face a crisis situation of teacher shortages.

Your likely GOP nominee for NC Governor in 2024, folks. In a sermon at Berean Baptist Church in Winston he said that straight couples are "superior" to gay couples, and that he doesn't want to have to explain to his grandkids why two men are kissing if they see it on television. I can't imagine why gay and lesbian couples wouldn't feel safe if he gets elected. This is also the guy who set up a "FACTS" (Fairness and Accountability for Teachers and Students) portal for parents to report individual public school teachers anywhere in the state that they feel are teaching CRT or other things they don't like.

Last edited:
In the year 2021 AD, Mark Robinson reached the same level of logical reasoning that governed nomadic tribes literally thousands of years ago, as provided by Deuteronomy.

Female Democratic NC State Senator gives speech on senate floor in which she stated "As elected leaders, we have a responsibility to serve all of our constituents, not just those who look like us, think like us or worship at the same church as us...We are here to serve everyone, even if we may not understand them and even if they didn't – and never will – vote for us. And yes, even if they love differently from us." Although she didn't mention NC Lt. Governor Mark Robinson by name, her remarks were clearly aimed at him and his recent comments about LBGT people:

"Mayfield said during her comments that it's "folly" for elected officials to think they could speak in public and separate themselves from their offices. "Indeed, most of us are invited to speak to groups because of our elected office, not in spite of it," she said. "We are elected officials, and if we can't respect our constituents, rather than viciously attack some of them, then maybe we're in the wrong job.".
She said she stood "in solidarity with LGBT North Carolinians." "Silence is complicity," she said. "I hope all of you who believe in fairness and equality will join me in advocating for equal protection under the law and the fundamental recognition that all people are human beings deserving of respect." She later said her remarks were directed at Robinson, even though she didn't mention him by name.

Her remarks infuriated Robinson, who angrily confronted her afterwards and told her "Next time, before you get ready to say something on that floor, come see me." For such a self-proclaimed tough guy, he is awfully thin-skinned.

Bro says outlandish stuff in public all the time but gets pissy when someone does the same about his remarks

Republicans think they have the right to say anything without being questioned.

Republicans think they have the right to say anything without being questioned.

Yep. It goes something like this:

Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech...

Who had dishonest argument from JMHD on your bingo card?

Was I the only only one who’d forgotten to fill it in already?

Who had dishonest argument from JMHD on your bingo card?

Was I the only only one who’d forgotten to fill it in already?

Sorry for pointing out fundamental flaws in your terrible, fear-based arguments.

So it's OK to give speeches and sermons calling gays "filth" and "worthless" and, when you're called out on it, go after the people who criticized you? Free speech indeed - at least for one side.

Really shocked that JH is yet another Republican who doesn't understand the first amendment. Just another dumb bumblefuck.

Really shocked that JH is yet another Republican who doesn't understand the first amendment. Just another dumb bumblefuck.

You aren’t allowed to use speech to criticize his speech. I should put you under citizen’s arrest for it.

I think that also means I get to shoot you?

Fortunately you are here to provide cogent analysis of all issues, all the time. Thanks as always for your service.

Nice tepid defense of mark robinson.

First amendment does not include freedom from consequences or freedom from ridicule does it?

Nice tepid defense of mark robinson.

First amendment does not include freedom from consequences or freedom from ridicule does it?

Of course not. Your party is free to make any counterarguments you'd like to any Republican you like, including this one. That would be refreshing, instead of constantly, fearfully seeking to deplatform the other side.

Back