• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
http://www.wral.com/gop-seeks-to-curb-early-voting/12280309/

RALEIGH, N.C. — Two bills filed by Republican lawmakers seek to cut back early voting and eliminate same-day registration in North Carolina.

Senate Bill 428, filed by Sen. Jerry Tillman, R-Randolph, would cut the early voting period from two weeks to one and would eliminate same-day voter registration.

House Bill 451, filed by Rep. Edgar Starnes, R-Caldwell, goes even further. In addition to cutting early voting and same-day registration, it would also outlaw early voting on Sunday and straight-ticket voting.

I'm all for eliminating straight ticket voting.

Here's the new NC ballot:
wheres-waldo1.jpg

Find Waldo and you can vote Dem.

It was pretty easy to find Waldo.

My goodness. The cursive and home schooled ones are the worst. And te charter one.

Bill would extend waiting period for divorce to two years

Sen. Austin Allran, a Republican who represents Alexander and Catawba counties, filed the bill Thursday.

The “Healthy Marriage Act” would change the way couples in North Carolina get a divorce. Instead of requiring that they live apart for one-year, Allran’s new legislation would have them file an intent to divorce, then wait two years before their split is official.

The couple could live together or apart during those two years, according to the bill.

The couple would have to complete courses on improving communication skills and conflict resolutions, something that isn’t required currently.

http://www.news-record.com/news/977972-87/bill-would-extend-waiting-period

Shit, man, you didn't even mention the bill to void the Dix Park lease with the City of Raleigh.

Two years? Making people wait longer before they can get on with their life and find a healthy relationship is ridiculous.

I think school should teach cursive. My kids cannot read cursive and that has created some problems.

No voting on Sunday? I've never heard of a voting office open on a Sunday. How are you able to vote on Sunday now?

I think school should teach cursive. My kids cannot read cursive and that has created some problems.

Major pet peeve of mine. Personally, I find cursive useless. I can't write it and rarely can read it without stopping to decipher letters etc. Everyone has personal styles on writing so why not just use block print (my personal style) or type? I have had spirited arguments with my kids' teachers about just how useless cursive is in professional life. You just don't need it in today's business environment.

The erosion of spelling and grammar thanks to text messaging and Tweeting etc is a much greater problem. When I see people where I work send out professional emails with "R" for "are" or "U" for "you" it makes me cringe.

Back