• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Here's the current map republicans are working on for US Congressional districts. Dan Bishop's district would run from my house to Ocean Isle Beach.

EIujzCMU4AEPeQU

at least Meadows' district would now actually include Asheville rather than just carving it out of the rest of WNC

What would it take to get rid of congressmen drawing the districts in NC and have independent committees?

Why don’t they just go by area code and be done with it

Dan McCready and I, of Precinct 32, have been drawn out of Dan Bishop's district and into that of Alma Adams.

Really hope Jeff will run for higher office at some point.

Not at all surprised about the Governor's race currently. Forest looks like an idiot for fighting the stay at home order. Pleasantly surprised about the Senate race. Thought it would be closer than that.

This is the crucial part:

The results reflect Democratic leaning voters being more unified around Cunningham than Republican leaning ones are around Tillis- 88% of Clinton voters support Cunningham to 77% of Trump voters for Tillis. That also means Tillis has more room to grow though- the undecideds for Senate support Trump over Biden by 18 points. Assuming most of those folks end up voting for Tillis whether they love him or not, the race should tighten.

I think a lot of "undecideds" are just reluctant Republican voters both from the center-right and far-right. I think that is going to be a very close Senate race. Cooper has the advantage of incumbency which should give him a little more distance.

If Bernie had been the nominee, Dems would have likely lost the governor, attorney general, and US Senate races in N.C.

Back