Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 946

Thread: Official Pit Job Search/Employment Thread

  1. #201
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,862
    Is there a research expectation for the lecturer job?

  2. #202
    Nope. I think they just require it standard. Which is lame. I can come up with some pedagogical research interests and summarize the type of work I have done in the past, but it seems silly when no matter what I wrote, the job doesn't include it

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastdeac View Post
    Good first interview with a company I worked for 4.5 years ago; interesting role and salary is on target. Hope to get some good news and continue on in the process. Finding jobs in CHS right now is a fucking GRIND.
    So that fizzled out, but I'm interviewing for a position in Portland (OR) this week.

    How's everyone else doing with transitions/job changes?

  4. #204
    we're looking to relocate (likely NC) around about June or July. wife is a teacher/principal so she can get a job wherever (likely private, we know NC schools are awful now), and we'll go wherever I can find a job. when's the best time to start looking? just updated my resume on Sunday so it's ready to go.

  5. #205
    You're looking to relocate, but neither of you have a job lined up? The best time to start looking is immediately, if it were me.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheDeacons View Post
    You're looking to relocate, but neither of you have a job lined up? The best time to start looking is immediately, if it were me.
    Well we know we want to leave DC...we're going to only leave with a job lined up, just wondering when the search process should start. I haven't applied for a job since 2009 and that was after I was already in DC, and DC orgs are notoriously slow.

  7. #207
    My plan was to start at the new year to find something for this summer thinking it would take awhile.

    I applied to one job in August that was too intriguing to wait for and a month later was living in Atlanta.
    Hungry

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    we're looking to relocate (likely NC) around about June or July. wife is a teacher/principal so she can get a job wherever (likely private, we know NC schools are awful now), and we'll go wherever I can find a job. when's the best time to start looking? just updated my resume on Sunday so it's ready to go.
    You're likely talking a just in time hiring situation. A lot depends on the industry and company. Some you could be hired within 1 mos. others could take up to 6. What industry are you thinking?

  9. #209
    Communications/PR/marketing

  10. #210
    Robert O'Kelley
    dashionista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Raleighwood
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Communications/PR/marketing
    Would you want to go industry or agency? Any thoughts on what kind of biz you'd focus on? If technology, I might have a lead or two for you in Raleigh.

  11. #211
    Steve Lepore WhatUTalkinBout Willis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Right here, chained to this desk for eternity
    Posts
    2,192
    I need someone who is a savant at Radiology/Cardiology workflow. Someone who understands PACS, VR, Worklist Software, VNA, and HL7 Interfacing principles. Basically a Clinical Systems Design/Implementation guru. We offer move expenses, competitive salary, start people at 4 weeks of vacation, quarterly bonuses, put 8% in your 401k before you put in a dime, let you live in Greensboro which is roughly 312789 miles and 10 x cooler than Winston Salem unless it's game day, and believe that working from home is fine as long as you get your work done. We're growing 30% per year and have no debt. apply here:
    http://www.canopy-partners.com/about-us/careers
    We have other jobs available as you can see, but this one I actually need.

  12. #212

    Official Pit Job Search/Employment Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dashionista View Post
    Would you want to go industry or agency? Any thoughts on what kind of biz you'd focus on? If technology, I might have a lead or two for you in Raleigh.
    I might know of some in GSO too.

    My grant ends in late March. I have had some promising interviews (at other colleges doing similar work) and the college is still finding a way to keep me. So I may or may not have some transitions/job changes coming soon.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Well we know we want to leave DC...we're going to only leave with a job lined up, just wondering when the search process should start. I haven't applied for a job since 2009 and that was after I was already in DC, and DC orgs are notoriously slow.
    I've been looking for the better part of 6 months; hiring seems slow right now across the board. I offer that anecdotally as someone who's been at it for a while, and based on conversations with friends.

    The whole timing thing seems really hard to line up, so if you got the right offer tomorrow and would move in the next 6-8 weeks, you might as well start now. How's your professional network in NC?

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by dashionista View Post
    Would you want to go industry or agency? Any thoughts on what kind of biz you'd focus on? If technology, I might have a lead or two for you in Raleigh.
    well right now I'm in-house at a major non-profit with a long storied legacy, #2 in my dept, but have plateaued since the #1 guy is firmly entrenched and is way senior. so if he ever left pretty sure they'd hire someone rather than promote me. I've never done agency work, but I'm not unopposed. I'm relatively agnostic on the industry, though I don't have a huge interest in finance or anything like that. would like to work at a for-profit since I've been in the non-profit space for years and know the limits, though I'm not ruling that out and am certainly open to governments or universities.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicdeaC View Post
    I might know of some in GSO too.

    My grant ends in late March. I have had some promising interviews (at other colleges doing similar work) and the college is still finding a way to keep me. So I may or may not have some transitions/job changes coming soon.
    awesome -- thanks! we are just really ready to get back to NC, focusing on Triad first, then Charlotte, the Triangle, Asheville, maybe Wilmington.

    Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastdeac View Post
    I've been looking for the better part of 6 months; hiring seems slow right now across the board. I offer that anecdotally as someone who's been at it for a while, and based on conversations with friends.

    The whole timing thing seems really hard to line up, so if you got the right offer tomorrow and would move in the next 6-8 weeks, you might as well start now. How's your professional network in NC?
    yeah will probably start later this week. too late tonight and going to a show tomorrow.

    my professional network is very sparse. ironically our CEO, who I'm very close with, actually lives in Clemmons, worked for Wake and later Wachovia and has a great network here. but I obviously can't really utilize it.
    Last edited by BarcaDeac; 02-09-2016 at 11:22 PM.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatUTalkinBout Willis View Post
    I need someone who is a savant at Radiology/Cardiology workflow. Someone who understands PACS, VR, Worklist Software, VNA, and HL7 Interfacing principles. Basically a Clinical Systems Design/Implementation guru. We offer move expenses, competitive salary, start people at 4 weeks of vacation, quarterly bonuses, put 8% in your 401k before you put in a dime, let you live in Greensboro which is roughly 312789 miles and 10 x cooler than Winston Salem unless it's game day, and believe that working from home is fine as long as you get your work done. We're growing 30% per year and have no debt. apply here:
    http://www.canopy-partners.com/about-us/careers
    We have other jobs available as you can see, but this one I actually need.
    I read that website for about 10 minutes and I have no idea what Canopy actually does.

  16. #216
    i'm looking to hire a financial software consultant in the bay area. 2-5 years experience in finance/consulting/accounting with solution consulting, alternative assets (pe or vc), software implementations, etc a plus. may also be looking in nyc area for a good candidate. may offer relocation as well. pm me with questions. the position is joining a small team that's part of a large multinational fintech firm. primarily working from home with about 30% local onsite work and some travel (depends on desire to travel really).
    Last edited by deacphan; 02-10-2016 at 02:35 AM.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    ironically our CEO, who I'm very close with, actually lives in Clemmons, worked for Wake and later Wachovia and has a great network here. but I obviously can't really utilize it.
    why is that obvious? a lot of times employers will help out, just gotta be up front.

  18. #218
    Has anyone hired, or been hired from a boards connection?

    #OGBoardsNetwork

  19. #219
    Robert O'Kelley
    dashionista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Raleighwood
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheDeacons View Post
    Has anyone hired, or been hired from a boards connection?

    #OGBoardsNetwork
    not sure if this guy posts on the boards, but we're actually interviewing a deacon who was my year (yeah '09!) today for my same position. i've got my fingers crossed for him!

  20. #220
    If you think you want a different job than just start applying to stuff. Never understood why people sit around wringing their hands to submit two resumes six months after deciding they need a change.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •